Just for info.

Ballynoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2017
Perthshire Scotland
I know we are all different with different bikes batteries and abilities but I was just interested as how far or how high anyone has gone on a full charge.

My biggest ride so far is 26 miles with a total of 2316ft of ascending, and I still had battery left, that's with the Bosch CX motor and the 500Wh battery.

This year I have some bigger rides with higher climbs planned so I will be interested to see how far this machine goes ;)

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
One example. I should add that the battery when changed, was worryingly hot to the touch.

I would advise a second battery if you really want to tackle of ride of either decent length, or elevation gain. Having to conserve the battery, is never a pleasant experience.

Last edited:

chris_n

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 29, 2016
Niedeau, Austria
Probably 68Km with 2300m climbing, have been further and climbed higher but not at the same time.
Yamaha Haibike with extender battery.

Tom Rae

Pedelecer
Jan 14, 2017
Edinburgh Scotland
A couple of weeks ago, I did a ride from fully charged to empty, 26 miles with 3600ft of climbing (378w battery).

DavidWylie

Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2018
Leicestershire
I have done 44 miles with a mix of trails, rivers, canals and some road, 2114ft climbs .. my body ran out of battery before the bike, still had a few mile left in the battery in tour mode (6) and 20ish when I switched to eco ... Most of the ride was done in tour, little eMTB mode and some eco. Bosch CX with 500kwh battery

Reactions: Ballynoes

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union

Ballynoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2017
Perthshire Scotland
IMG_20170917_145820447_HDR.jpg

Hi Tom,

well what can I say, did the full 30 miles but the climb was impossible, when I got there, the track was just loose gravel, rocks and the likes. Absolutely no grip whatever I tried, and the back wheel just kept spinning off to the side, with or without boost, slid off three times in 500 yards, so had to abandon the steep climb. I did however continue farther on to the Falls of Tarf, see pic attached and managed 1400 ft of ascent.

On the Sunday I did 25 miles and 2200ft of ascending, and had to climbed 4 large gates.

Just goes to show that all the planning doesn't help when you actually get on the ground.

I have a few more steep climbs to try, but as they are in the Perthshire Hills I will wait for better weather as when you get up there the weather is quite different.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom Rae and EddiePJ

Related Articles

Advertisers