kalkhoff pro connect disc alfine 8 2011 for sale

gerryscott

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2010
I have decided i would like to upgrade, so i am selling my pro connect disc 2011 model with 18 ah battery.The bike was purchased from 50cycles in january 2012 and has only been used about once a week.The bike is in excellent condition,Glasgow area,may be prepared to make travel arrangements. £1350

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
I have decided i would like to upgrade, so i am selling my pro connect disc 2011 model with 18 ah battery.The bike was purchased from 50cycles in january 2012 and has only been used about once a week.The bike is in excellent condition,Glasgow area,may be prepared to make travel arrangements. £1350
Hi Gerry, you could also list it here
Used eBikes | 50cycles Ltd

Just need to set up a user account then you can add a bike to appear on this page

Pro-connected

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 29, 2011
Edinburgh
Hi. Thanks for that, but while you were away I've made arrangements to buy a second-hand Pro Connect S. The idea of having 3 Kalkhoffs is tempting, but that's probably a bit greedy!

gerryscott

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2010
no problem, been looking at the pro connect s as well, do you find a big difference in power, only thing that bothers me is that I would like to tour and I wondered if I would get decent mileage on low eco mode on the s class.?

Pro-connected

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 29, 2011
Edinburgh
Hi. Sorry to take so long to reply to your post but I have waiting for the Edinburgh weather to allow me to get out and acquire the data to answer your query about battery use. I have now compared both my Pro-Connect and my Pro-Connect S around a roughly 20 kilometre route around the North-West of Edinburgh. The weather conditions were broadly the same, and I've been round several times in the same direction using the same 18AH battery on each bike with the assistance level set to 'medium' continuously. With the Pro-Connect, battery elec use is roughly 6.25 Watthours per kilometre (10 Watthours per mile), whilst the PC-S elec use is roughly 8.75 Watthours per kilometre (14 Watthours per mile). So for the same distance the PC-S uses 40% more battery power.

I should point out, however, that on both bikes I've cycled at my normal comfortable cadence which results in an average speed on the PC-S about 10 to 15% higher than the PC, and a top speed about 20% higher. The 'fun factor' uplift is about 500%!

gerryscott

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2010
thanks pro connect for reply, yes as I thought it might be, the pro connect s though a lot more fun would not be ideal for long distance touring.still might not rule it out totally.thanks again.