Kbebikes?

Wizzoere

Pedelecer
May 7, 2020
Are kbebikese company any good there R4 SX is there best bike? Are they a reputable company as I asked if used QS motors and they said no. Where can I get a high powered bike with best parts if this ain't? Thanks

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
high power bikes mean big heavy expensive batts but they look like stealth bomber copys.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
what you want is a electric motorbike pedals wont make it any more road legal but if you want a fast stealth ebike then look at the bafang hd motor and programming cable it will be a lot cheaper easy to repair and cheaper batts and dont weigh 50 tons.

my bosch ebike has a dongle and can hit 35mph easy but you have to put the effort in but my m8s bafang hd can pi$$ all over me with a throttle.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
GT1 EBOXX E14

Smart bike, a full on enduro.. Thought I'd take a look at one on you tube..

Oh Dear ....

Last edited:

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
It is legal as it all depends on if you put it on off-road settings! To ride on road then is illegal
Also to ride off road anywhere with public access (such as bridleways, bike paths, canal paths) is also illegal.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Derestriction, ‘off-road’ switches or modes and dongles

The Department of Transport say that electric bikes fitted with off-road switches or modes, that enable a bike’s motor to continue assisting to speeds beyond 15.5mph, do not comply with UK EAPC law. The term ‘off-road’ suggests that these bikes can be ridden on parkland, forests or other places away from main roads, which isn’t accurate. E-bikes with increased motor power (continuous rated power above 250w) or increased speed (with motor assistance not cutting out at 15.5mph) cannot be used legally as bicycles anywhere on land accessible by the public; when riding on private land you would need permission from the landowner.

so any bike that has modes where you can change the controllers settings is not road legal even if you set it at 15mph the fact that you can change this means it can not be ridden on the roads.

thats why i said get a bafang hd as less in your face when it comes to plod as riding a suron or stealth bomber is asking to get pulled over.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
KbeBikes uses high-performance specs that give our motorbikes a high top speed and immediate torque.
What is tax and insurance like on them? And is registration much of a problem?

Taken from KBEbikes website.

Screenshot_20221201_195208.jpg

How on earth do they get away with it?
Quite ironically it actually states on same website Police will give you a ticket and could impound motorcycle for riding on the "street". (It's obviously predominantly aimed at US Market but I thought pedelec rules were generally similar to ours and even more stringent in some states.)
Customers are being encouraged to break the law, its actually quite immoral.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc