Kryptonite-Series-2-D-Bike with 4 ft cable

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
Hi Donna, I have one of these myself (haven't used it yet) these locks are considered strong locks but are actually easily broken by thieves using bolt croppers..there was a video posted a few days ago showing just how easy they are to cut off. Still better than a cheap lock and will deter the "have a go" type of thief with a hacksaw, but certainly no protection against a professional thief.

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/electric-bicycles/7772-gone-60-seconds.html

donnoirf

Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2010
KINGS NORTON BIRMINGHAM
Thanks! Shocking video. A determined theif will get through pretty much any thing

It Will definitely be better than what I have now, which is ok for work use as we have a secure intercom operated gates.
I just needed something better for use in the city and larger community.

The eBay price also seemed v good compared to £24 upwards most other online stores
1 reviewer on amazon stated that it was too big and heavy and not suited to hybrid bike

I have a Dutch/ euro e bike , with very thick down tube etc for cables, so Im not 100% sure if I could attach it to my frame

donnoirf

Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2010
KINGS NORTON BIRMINGHAM
Thanks! Shocking video. A determined theif will get through pretty much any thing

It Will definitely be better than what I have now, which is ok for work use as we have a secure intercom operated gates.

The eBay price also seemed v good compared to £24 upwards most other online stores
1 reviewer on amazon stated that it was too big and heavy and not suited to hybrid bikes

I have a Dutch/ euro e bike , with very thick down tube etc for cables, so Im not 100% sure if I could attach it to my frame

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk

1 reviewer on amazon stated that it was too big and heavy and not suited to hybrid bike

That is a very good price yes for a decent lock, I paid around £22 for mine I think also from eBay but that was last year. The cable is useful if you have quick release saddle, wheels etc, or just to act as an additional deterrent you could put it through the wheels. I don't know if that one has the insurance company approval, I know some do which is useful if you want to get bike cover..

After watching that video I'm wondering if the best security device for an electric bike is probably a bike cover ;-) what the eye doesn't see..

Last edited:

donnoirf

Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2010
KINGS NORTON BIRMINGHAM
That is a very good price yes for a decent lock, I paid around £22 for mine I think also from eBay but that was last year. The cable is useful if you have quick release saddle, wheels etc, or just to act as an additional deterrent you could put it through the wheels. I don't know if that one has the insurance company approval, I know some do which is useful if you want to get bike cover..

After watching that video I'm wondering if the best security device for an electric bike is probably a bike cover ;-) what the eye doesn't see..
Cheers. I will have a look on the in the bike shop today and return to eBay to buy if it seems ok!

Good point about covering e bikes. My battery is covered by shopping pannier and a plain black water proof cover on the rack! I also removed the wording Batribike. And put some custom bike name on it. So it don't look too obviously powered.

Donna

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi Thieves carry cordless angel grinder so no defense against them

If they want IT its Gone in60 SECONDS

Frank

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Hi Thieves carry cordless angel grinder so no defense against them

If they want IT its Gone in60 SECONDS

Frank
Hi Frank

I like the Trade Member Logo. It's just what is required, clear and easy for all to see. Good work!

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
Yes, I think that helps considerably.

Should every trader use the same motif/logo or would personalised ones be ok provided they were as clear and noticeable as Frank's?

Indalo

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
It makes him Special. He is the only one here with one :rolleyes:

Nope JuicyBikes had the logo yesterday ;) but its gone invisible today....perhaps it has to be shared... :)

Last edited: