Difficult ride unassisted
Poor gearing ratio
Poor weight distribution
Poor range
Nothing to stick bike together when folded
Would be nice to a throttle

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Summary:

I have had this bike for about month and I have really enjoyed using it. Its three key strengths for me are its ride quality, riding position and initial acceleration. As the bike has full suspension, thick tires and a very comfortable seat, riding in Londons potholed, dug up and refilled roads, is a joy compared to my specialized sirrus where every little bump vibrated up to the seat and handle bars. However its great strength is its weakness, riding it unassisted it nothing short of miserable, its like riding against quicksand! I guess its caused by the inefficiencies of the full suspension, thick tires and weight.

The riding position is upright and very comfortable, added to this the electrics and it has totally removed the neck and shoulder pain I was getting with my previous bike, and for this alone the bike is worth every penny.

The third key strength I feel is the initial acceleration which really gives you a "push" and i guessing the motor being in the rear tire amplifies the feeling of acceleration. As its a pedelec, no throttle is present and so its imperative that when coming to a stop you go down the gears, but I found this becomes quite difficult as you need to brake as well, I have kind of go the hang of it but it would have nice to a the convenience of a throttle. Also about two turns of the peddle is needed to kick the motor into gear, whereas a far better solution would have been just to have the power come on when the peddle is moved but at a more gentle pace.

The main problem I found with the Cheetah was the gearing ratio - you cant go much over the 15mph as the gearing does not allow it. Its a real shame as you are permanently stuck at a top speed of around 17mph.

The other key issue is its weight distribution, with the majority of the weight at the rear (Motor, battery, gearing etc) means its a unwieldy bike to ride especially from standstill. Dragging the weight from the back makes the front wheel difficult to control when starting and can be quite dangerous on London's busy roads.

However overall call me an addict! I love the riding my e-bike, and going back to a “normal” bike would feel like asking someone who drives a car to drive a Freddi Flintstone car!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Rating (out of 10) : 7

D

Deleted member 4366

Abdul, your bike should roll nicely without power. Lift the back of the bike up and spin the back wheel in the forward direction: It should spin freely. if it doesn't, check that the brakes aren't binding. Try turning the wheel slowly to see if you can detect the motor turning. If you can, then the clutch is stuck. If it is, try kicking the tyre in the forward direction. Sometimes the shock releases the clutch. If it doesn't, take it back to Kudos. If everything at the back is OK, check that the front brake isn't binding and that the front wheel can spin freely. Please report back what you find.

Abdul Shohid

Finding my (electric) wheels
Hi d8veh, Thanks for your input, I should really amend the review slightly as when I said riding the bike without any power was difficult, now that I have used the bike for a few months I have realised that it actually free wheels on lower gears very well, however due to the weight of the bike (and perhaps my fitness levels) a slight incline the going is a great deal more difficult.

Just to add a bit more on my experiences after 4 months using the Cheetah, its been excellent! The build quality seems to be very good with no issues whatsoever. Riding the bike as I have expressed in the review is superb, I have only recently noticed that even the seat has suspension!

I have got used to moving down the gears when coming to a stop and now it is not a problem, however I do still feel the bike is unwieldy from standstill, although this can be alleviated from a standing rather than a seated start (yes im lazy).

The thing that really makes me love this bike is that time that I save going to work. Normally it might take me 40 minutes by bus to get where I need to, with my e-bike it take me 10 minutes (thats an hour extra in my day I can do productive things like coming on this forum).

Also, rather than ridicule from loved ones, friends and strangers, I have received a lot of positive remarks from people about the bike, some loving the styling, other who calculate the savings made from not using other forms of transport and other curious about how it works.

Overall I am very satisfied with the Kudos Cheetah, although the new Kudos bike with the built in battery looks very appealing!