Kudos tourer, 1st real test

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
I've had the Kudos tourer for just over a week and today was the first chance I've had to try it out. I did 18 miles up steep hills and down steep hills. Where I live they are ALL steep hills. I may put a proper review in the review section later. It seems to have only used 1 bar of the battery power which is impressive. Once I got down to Grangemouth and flat roads, I cheated a bit just to try it and in 1st gear with the peddles turning slowly it took me along at 16mph on the speedo on the motor power.

It's my 1st electric bike ever and my 1st bike for about 20 years. I love my Kudos tourer.

Jim

Last edited:

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
Hi Jim, thanks for sharing. It really is very useful to have posts especially from members who have a new bike ... Do you a url link to the bike so I can check the spec? ... Is the bike for commuting or leisure or both? Did you have to condition the battery? Have you got any photos to share? ...

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
The website is: Kudos Cycles There is a flashing advert/link to the site on the right of this foum.

I'm not sure if I have to condition the battery, I've contacted them and will soon find out, so I guess it's best I do condition it until I find out the answer. :)

BrianSmithers

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2011
DA1
Just to confirm Jim's observation, a week of cycling (during each of the two weeks I've had my Tourer), has resulted in just "one bar" of battery used for 25-30 miles covered.

I haven't done enough miles per week yet to run the thing down and have so far charged it every Sunday.

What is the best advice on that? Should I try going two weeks on a single charge or is it better to keep it topped up?

This cycling thing is very addictive. I came home yesterday in the pouring rain and I still had a grin on my face :)

- Brian
Kudos Tourer Nexus 8

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Definitely run the battery low at least once at the outset to condition it. Thereafter, charge little and often, though not necessarily at only one bar used.

Iffy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 2, 2011
Wellingborough, Northants
I have run the battery flat on my King, it has got the equivalent of a Vauxhall fuel guage! I had covered 60 miles when the indicator suddenly dropped from 5 bars to one I then managed another two miles. lost power completely and the display went off. I am unable to give a true indication of the range because I have used it at varying power levels and riding above the cut off speed for a considerable amount of time. Charged it overnight and all seems fine. Hopefully, I will be in a position to give a full review after a couple of weeks of commuting.

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
Putting the fuel gauge aside, 60 miles is pretty good.
I'll run mine right down and see what I get. I'm always on level 5 power. I think if I have a level 5 it would be rude not to use it. :) Mind you I don't have any flat roads near me.