For Sale Ladies Bike

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
Hi all.
Have ladies bike for sale. Was bought in June last year from Juicy Bikes. It is a Neomouv Facelia 24" wheels and is therefore suitable for smaller lady. Bought for my wife who is 5'2. Bike is in virtually new condition having only done 142k in dry conditions on local flat trails. Battery been charged 3 or 4 times only. Selling due to health reasons. Cost 1450 when bought and I believe they are over 1500 now. Battery is 13ah. Price £1150. but will consider sensible offers. Viewing welcome

Attachments

Bikes4two

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2020
Havant
The mods need to remove that last post - such obvious twaddle/spam

{Admin note: to clarify, there was a second post hijacking the bike for sale thread, very obviously spam, now removed..so this post relates to the removed post not the opening one. Since others have replied I'll leave these posts in. Where I'm able to use a 'spam clean up' option I do, which removes all trace, including the post reported so hence the gap}

Last edited by a moderator:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I have already reported it.

Reactions: HelenJ and Plas man

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
The mods need to remove that last post - such obvious twaddle/spam
Absolutely. I'd reported it too.

In the past I asked opinion about whether to post as well as report. Advice then, which I think still holds, was to report but not to post. Posting any response can mark the initial spam post as more 'interesting' and so make it more likely to be seen.

Bikes4two

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2020
Havant
Absolutely. I'd reported it too.

In the past I asked opinion about whether to post as well as report. Advice then, which I think still holds, was to report but not to post. Posting any response can mark the initial spam post as more 'interesting' and so make it more likely to be seen.
I get the logic but then how do you know that ANYONE has remported it which carries the inherent danger of nobody reporting it.

I think if the very first response to the initial post says that the poster is reporting it then at least there's a more than fair chance that new readers will spot the problem before clicking any links in the initial post - a good compromise maybe?

And of course, the more times this sort of thread pops up for new viewings, the more aware the unwary will (hopefully) become before the whole lot gets taken down - which interestingly, it hasn't yet: are we short of MODS?

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I get the logic but then how do you know that ANYONE has remported it which carries the inherent danger of nobody reporting it.

I think if the very first response to the initial post says that the poster is reporting it then at least there's a more than fair chance that new readers will spot the problem before clicking any links in the initial post - a good compromise maybe?

And of course, the more times this sort of thread pops up for new viewings, the more aware the unwary will (hopefully) become before the whole lot gets taken down - which interestingly, it hasn't yet: are we short of MODS?
Yes, it's difficult to decide what's best. It might be good if a little visible flag was raised on a post after a report even without waiting for moderator interaction. I see the offending post is now deleted.

I see your argument above. However, if you look at the top of this thread you will see one problem with it I hadn't thought of before. The original (good) post is there; the spam post is gone. Your post now reads as if it's an objection to the original post. Maybe removed posts should be replaced by a 'post removed' placeholder?

Reactions: Stanebike

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
Hi all.
Have ladies bike for sale. Was bought in June last year from Juicy Bikes. It is a Neomouv Facelia 24" wheels and is therefore suitable for smaller lady. Bought for my wife who is 5'2. Bike is in virtually new condition having only done 142k in dry conditions on local flat trails. Battery been charged 3 or 4 times only. Selling due to health reasons. Cost 1450 when bought and I believe they are over 1500 now. Battery is 13ah. Price £1150. but will consider sensible offers. Viewing welcome
Hi all just renewing this listing. Bike has not been used since original listing and kept in a dry garage, so is in as new condition. Really don't want to sell but boss is unwilling to use it having suffered a serious fracture.As it is now 9 months older am dropping price to £950. This really is an excellent bike and of course any viewings are welcome.

As an aside. I listed it on Facebook marketplace and was almost instantly contacted by scammers . Seems like a dangerous place to sell

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Did you say where the bike is, I can't see that?

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
Hi all.
Did you say where the bike is, I can't see that?
Hi yes near Chesterfield Derbyshire

• Agree
Reactions: sjpt

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
Just want to renew this listing price is now £850. No change to condition of bike