Large Step-Thru that will take Bafang Mid Drive Kit suggestions please.

Encantador

Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2008
I fitted a Bafang mid drive kit with downtube battery to my Trek hybrid. Although working well, my dodgy knees and physical size are making it difficult to get on and off comfortbly and safely.

I am 6ft 5in tall and just under 20 stones. My knees and weight are the reasons I want to do more cycling, but to cycle comfortably and pain free my saddle is very high (42 inches from the ground).

Just wondering if there are any large framed step-thru cycles either new or that may be found second hand that may be suitable to transfer my Bafang kit too. Quite a few of the ones I can find online have a curved frame not suitable for a downtube battery, plus it is not possible to tell what size the cycle is by just reading that frame/wheel sizes.

Any suggestions of makes/models that are particularly large would be useful, or even search terms I can use online to maybe find some online that might fit the bill.

Appreciate that there might not be anything suitable but worth a shot.

Thanks

Steve

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Nothing to stop a downtube battery being mounted on a rack.

Sarge1892

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 5, 2023
Nothing to stop a downtube battery being mounted on a rack.
yup and if he does not have a rack there's companies who make racks that mount only to seatpost which will carry a battery just fine

topeak make some nice ones but just looking up seat post rack on amazon will show some other options

otherwise if your issue is getting onto the seat with your current medical issues would perhaps going a size or 2 down be the answer to account for this

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK

Last edited: