Leeds to Saltaire - Aire Valley Towpath - 10/11/13

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
Anyone want to join me for this ride? I havent ridden it before myself, but i've heard it's very nice and goes out from Leeds city centre so it should be easily accessible for most people.

Meet at the start of the trail at Granary Wharf at 10:30, you'll see me on a black Kalkhoff.

Can anyone who fancies coming please confirm on this thread?

***As this is a November ride, the great British weather may conspire against us, i will post up a confirmation if the ride is going ahead the day before. From my point of view, it will be going ahead so long as it's not constant rain/snow forecast.

peerjay56

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 24, 2013
Nr Ingleton, N. Yorkshire
Anyone want to join me for this ride? I havent ridden it before myself, but i've heard it's very nice and goes out from Leeds city centre so it should be easily accessible for most people.

Meet at the start of the trail at Granary Wharf at 10:30, you'll see me on a black Kalkhoff.

Can anyone who fancies coming please confirm on this thread?

***As this is a November ride, the great British weather may conspire against us, i will post up a confirmation if the ride is going ahead the day before. From my point of view, it will be going ahead so long as it's not constant rain/snow forecast.
Would it be possible to do it the other way around (ie start Saltaire?) Wouldn't that be more convenient for you too?;)

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
Unlucky timing for you Mike, hopefully we can organise a ride you can make in early December.

peerjay56

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 24, 2013
Nr Ingleton, N. Yorkshire
I might be up for this
OK Just to confirm we are going to start at Granary Wharf at Leeds, and ride out to Salt's Mill. Parking at Queen's Hall, Sovereign Street, Leeds LS1 4AG is £3.50 flat rate on a Sunday. Also very close to Leeds Station, so possible to get there by train. Of course, some one else may know a better option for parking:)

John F

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 3, 2013
OK Just to confirm we are going to start at Granary Wharf at Leeds, and ride out to Salt's Mill. Parking at Queen's Hall, Sovereign Street, Leeds LS1 4AG is £3.50 flat rate on a Sunday. Also very close to Leeds Station, so possible to get there by train. Of course, some one else may know a better option for parking:)
Will need to use the train. Will check it out as I don't know what the bike carrying situation is these days

briced

Just Joined
Oct 5, 2013
I rode this route yesterday and had lunch at Salts Mill before riding back. Beware, it's very muddy in parts and there is lots of standing water. Good luck.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Roger - I'm a fair weather rider.

This is a round trip coming back the same way(?) = 30miles + 6miles to York Station = 36 miles - yes I think I can do it !
Hope that you all get to meet up and have a nice time, I LOVE riding my bike, but now beginning to get bored of riding on my own.

MS