Lithium battery safety

Jaq

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 1, 2017
Lhr
Hello everyone,
I have been hunting around for a lovely ladies Ebike and found one only problem is the battery i need to take it airside everyday with working airside at heathrow. security cant seem to make thier mind up !!!!

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Hello everyone,
I have been hunting around for a lovely ladies Ebike and found one only problem is the battery i need to take it airside everyday with working airside at heathrow. security cant seem to make thier mind up !!!!
Tell security that the battery on your bike, is no less safe than the battery in the iPhones or walkie talkies they have in their pockets.

• Agree
Reactions: Gaz

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
On the record it's safer than laptop batteries have been. If they've no objection to laptops and tablets, there's no problem with your bike.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gaz

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The battery on the bike is safe, it is locked in to position and is an integral part of the bike. The battery has many cells inside 40 -50 and all are looked after by a BMS (Battery Management System) a pcb which looks after the charge and discharge of the battery as a whole and acts to keep cells balanced, as long at the battery is not abused by dropping or leaving out in the rain there will be no issues.
Your ebike is safer then a 787 Dreamliner when it come to lithium cells.