Looking for a spare battery for my wife’s Pendleton Somerby e-bike

Dave jones

Just Joined
May 11, 2020
HI I’m new to the forum, as a family we have just got into electric bikes.
I have an ebco ucr 60, my wife has a Pendleton Somerby and my son has a Carrera crossfire e . We have been travelling further on our rides as we get used to getting the best from our bikes but the issue is that my wife’s battery runs out first. I am looking for a spare battery for her bike but Halfords have bumped the price up to £350. I assume the demand has increased due to the lockdown. I can’t find a replacement on either eBay or amazon. Can anyone give me advice on where to look?

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Hi
welcome to the site
sorry i cant personally help you with your quest

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Dave needs to be sure he has the right case profile - Phylion/Joycube make several rear-rack case shapes, capacities, and each with or without smart BMS depending on what the e-bike maker specified. It is Phylion, and does have a smart BMS, but I think Neal's link is the wrong case profile (WALL-E).

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
My link was as much to show Dave if it was suitable and not a recommend to buy.
Dave use the term Phylion ebike battery to search for the battery style.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

they can rebuild the pack with new cells and will pick it up.

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
As SW says, that's probably the best way to go. He normally manages to get a bit more capacity in there. Good service, used him myself. You will get quality cells and for less than you'll pay for a new one with questionable cells.
He arranges courier pick up and delivery.
That's if they're working at the moment:(

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
It depends what the OP is looking for: His wife's Pendleton battery at 8.7A is considerably smaller than his Ebco/TranzX at 11Ah or his son's Crossfire at 11.4Ah, so it stands to reason his wife's e-bike will likely run out of juice before either of the other two.

Are you looking to add a second battery, or just increase the original capacity/replace due to wear of the Pendleton battery?

IIRC, the Pendleton profile battery is made in 8.8Ah, 11Ah, and 14.5Ah capacities, both original Phylion and third party ones commonly available on Ebay - last I saw was a copy (not an original) 11Ah for about £180... but as the OP has said, there don't seem to be any available at the moment.

Dave jones

Just Joined
May 11, 2020
I’m looking for a spare at the moment but I am very interested in getting it recelled at some point. I’ll keep looking on eBay for the spare.