Looking to get an E-bike for use in Mid-Wales

Mars

Pedelecer
May 24, 2020
Hi

I am looking to purchase a hybrid e-bike in the not too distant future to get me around mid-wales (Welshpool and surrounding area) on road and forestry track. What ever I buy must be good at hills as here be the odd dragon.

I am mid-forties (gulp) and have not ridden a bike since my early twenties when I switched to a motorbike and smoking. Have since given both of these up, the latter 3 years ago. I am 5' 11" and around 12 stone. I currently do a fair amount of walking so not too unfit but certainly not bike fit.

I looking for something not too expensive (sub £1.5k) from a supplier like Woosh as support seems good from reading comments on this forum and I like that they provide service & maintainance manuals. I haven't serviced a bike for 20 years and so need a refresher course.

I was looking at a folding MTB but these seem to have fallen out of favour as I need something that I can store easily when not in use. The bike will have to live in my porch (1.5m x 1m) when not in use as I have no garden/shed so it needs to be relatively compact so I can get into and out of my house.

Suggestions?