Lost on where to start

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
can you get it on a dyno then they can tune the motor but that record seems slow to me lol

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the one thing that would bother me is speed wobble on the front as if i got much more than 60mph down hill then it starts to wobble and if i keep going i will crash it as the bike feels so light going that fast.

they use them on hi power scooters so if going for over 100mph i get something like that on the front cos if that wheel goes sideways it will cartwheel end over end.

Electrickicks

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 26, 2023
the problem with the big brands are that there motors are not serviceable and can bus locked batts that are a rip off.

bafang motor parts are easy to get and any batt will work it just wont look as good m8 uses one to get to work on in any weather for the last 2 years and not even snapped a chain.
Wow. Lots going on - totally torn now. What are your opinions on a foldable (eg the woosh one) for my use case? I am wondering if it would make things easier if I took it places but maybe less useful on a ‘leisure ride’ with the kids?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i have never ridden a hub motor bike but whoosh should be able to tell you if it could get up the hills or not but even tho it folds in half it is still 20kgs

you just need a bike with the right bb im sure thy could get you one and not go to much over budget and build it for you as that will get you up the hills.

hub motors are for more flat city riding and not so good of road with all that waight in the back wheel.