Love the new look site

pjvenner

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 20, 2011
Well done guys. The new site is much easier on the eyes. It's my first logon since the change so I can't comment on functionality but first impressions are good. Keep up the good work.

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Thanks, we're getting there! It should take a few days to install a few more features and tidy up bugs etc. Then we've got a mass of content to upload so we'll be busy for a while yet.

Well done guys. The new site is much easier on the eyes. It's my first logon since the change so I can't comment on functionality but first impressions are good. Keep up the good work.

Alan B

Pedelecer
Jan 5, 2011
Yatton
I have a 23" monitor, and the new web site only displays in the centre with approximately 25% blank edge each side. Previously it spread across the entire width.

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
I have a 23" monitor, and the new web site only displays in the centre with approximately 25% blank edge each side. Previously it spread across the entire width.
Hi Alan,

For this version we have adopted a fixed-width layout mainly as it was easier to develop. But as you've noticed on widescreen displays there is a lot of white space either side. The site isn't actually any smaller than most other sites as the width is set at the currently 'industry' minimum of 1024 pixels.

But we will look into providing a 'fluid' version though which will take up the full screen. There will then be the option of selecting which style you prefer in your control panel.

billadie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2010
Tewkesbury
Must agree. the colour choice is very good,and the layout works well even on an 11" netbook

Advertisers