me and my new Raleigh Dover de Luxe DualDrive 2010

Daskino

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 2, 2008
Hey My name is Henrik, I live in Copenhagen, where everybody bikes. The ratio of electric bike sin Copenhagen is very low. However I have been waiting and following the market to buy an an e-bike for the last 4 years. Yesterday i finally got my model. It is an Raleigh Dover de Luxe DualDrive 2010 , which i think is based on the pro connect frame. It have a nice feel to it. I am riding 10 km one way to work and 10 km back again. there are very few hills in Copenhagen, but often quite a bit of wind since we are close to the sea.

Attachments

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
Hi Henrik and welcome to the forum.

Having spent last weekend with family in Denmark, I know about the Danish love for cycling. Unfortunately, I didn't have my ebike with me otherwise I'd have spent hours on those fantastic, dedicated cycling routes.

I like your choice of bike and look forward to seeing more of the Raleigh brand in the UK where, up to now, most people looking for a top quality, Panasonic-drive bike have bought the Kalkhoff models.

I'd like to hear a fuller report on the bike once you have used it for a while.

Regards,
Indalo

Daskino

Jun 2, 2008
here are the specs for it

Frame Aluminium,

Fork Raleigh Verso

Battery 260 Wh, Li-Ionen Akku

Drive train Panasonic 250 W

Gears SRAM Dual Drive, 3-Gang Kassettennabe

SRAM Dual Drive, 9-fach

Brakes Avid Juicy 3,

Vorbau Black Comp Aluminium,

rims Rodi VR 19, Aluminium

Tires Schwalbe Marathon Racer, 40-622

Lights B&M Lumotec Fly IQ, LED

Dynamo Shimano DH-3D72 Nabendynamo

Backligt B&M Toplight Flat Plus, Standlicht

Front supension SKS

Last edited:

Daskino

Jun 2, 2008
6 months after

I have now had the bike since this spring and wanted to give my long term verdict. aften haven driven aorund 500 km on it

Dualdrive

Great idea if you live in a hilly area, I howver only use the smallest spoke and only go throug 1-9 on the gear. All in in all the gearing is to low for me, i can do about 25 KM/H on medium assit and the highest gear, and about 33 km/h if i give it all i got.

I would like a higher gearing so that i could go faster, but maybe it has to do with legislation on the 25 KM/H limit?

Quality wise i have nothing against the bike, very solid and very goodd quality, The brake are squeking a bit , the gears need a bit oil, but that is just normal maintance.

Anyone know if i can change the smallest spoke to a small one and get higher gearing? will the electrioncs figure it out also?

in short can i tune it?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
This depends on the sprockets at the front Daskino. If you have the 9 tooth motor sprocket, you can change that to the 11 tooth one and it will give power assist to just over 18 mph, though your legs will be spinning just as fast as before at that speed. If the chainwheel is the 35 tooth one, you could change that to the 41 tooth one which will reduce your pedalling spin speed by 17%. Either change can be made independently.

If your bike already has the 11/41 combination, you won't be able to make further change.

These parts are Panasonic items, not standard bike ones, so will have to be ordered through a supplier of bikes using these. If a Raleigh dealer cannot offer them, you'll need to go to a dealer for either Kalkhoff or BikeTec Flyer bikes, since these brands market the high speed versions that use different sprocket sizes.

Daskino

Jun 2, 2008
Hey all I have run ridden over 1200 km on the bike and been using mainly only the no 9 on the rear sprocket. resulting in that the spokes have fallen off that sprocket.

i now wannt to have a new one, do you know where i can buy them? in uk or germany?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The nine tooth sprockets for the rear cassette should be available from any good bike dealer, or you could buy a whole new sprocket cluster.

After putting that right, to avoid having to use the smallest sprocket all the time it would be best to change your motor drive sprocket from 9 tooth to the 11 tooth which will increase the motor drive speed and chain speed. That 11 tooth Panasonic motor sprocket can be obtained for you by any Kalkhoff e-bike dealer in Denmark or Germany, but German dealers are more likely to have them since the high speed class bikes they have there use them.

Daskino

Jun 2, 2008
THx Fleec . Good idea, I need more speed on the flat roads.

I see that 50cycles have a new 14 tooth. Can I use the 14-tooth Motor Sprocket on my Panasonic system?

http://www.50cycles.com/product.htm?product=14-tooth-motor-sprocket

and I will get a whole new cassette

did you know that your homepage is down? the tTiscali one

The nine tooth sprockets for the rear cassette should be available from any good bike dealer, or you could buy a whole new sprocket cluster.

After putting that right, to avoid having to use the smallest sprocket all the time it would be best to change your motor drive sprocket from 9 tooth to the 11 tooth which will increase the motor drive speed and chain speed. That 11 tooth Panasonic motor sprocket can be obtained for you by any Kalkhoff e-bike dealer in Denmark or Germany, but German dealers are more likely to have them since the high speed class bikes they have there use them.

Last edited:

Daskino

Jun 2, 2008
Hey all been a while since i wrote in here. I changed jobs so now i have 18 km each way to work, but hey no problem the bike handles it. I alo got the bike upgraded as suggested to 11 tooth. I don feel much difference through in the spinning or speed, except for the £280 it costs me ;) battery have degraded a bit since i bought it.