mirrors

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
Hi
has anyone got any views regarding the usefullness or otherwise of cycle mirrors, and any recommendations for most suitable type. Thinking of getting one for my wife as she is a bit unsure on the roads.

gray

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
Hi Gray

For me, there is only one answer; the Mirrycle bar-end mirror. The topic has come up often in these pages and while there may be other very good products, the Mirrycle is highly regarded among many readers here.

It's not the cheapest but it's nicely engineered and offers a simply-fitted yet robust mirror with a good lens. It's the best accessory I have bought for my ebike.

Indalo

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I consider them as essential as they are on any other road vehicle. The two recommendatins above are the tops in my opinion, the Mirrycle ahead of the Cateye in stability.

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
thanks for your answers.Been looking at these on Amazon and both look good. Think I'll go for the Mirrycle A fair price on Amazon at £14 inc postage.Just need to check how it will fit to Juicy Bike folder

regards gray

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Should be no problems there Gray. They seem to fit into the handlebar tube and then expand to tighten. You'll just need to cut holes into the grip ends, insert and tighten. Picture was a little unclear, so that's my best assumption.

Davanti

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 10, 2012

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
Juicy Bike
thats what I thought. Just a bit reluctant to start cutting holes in grips. I can be a bit hamfisted so hope I don't make a mess of it as I have ordered one from Evans. Thanks for that Davanti saved me a pound. Every little counts (lol)

gray

jhruk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2009
If anyone else is thinking of ordering one of these, or anything else from Evans, they have a promotional offer at present. Code SSV12 at checkout gives a 15% discount on most accessories, making the Mirrycle MTB £11.04 - post free.

Davanti

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 10, 2012
If anyone else is thinking of ordering one of these, or anything else from Evans, they have a promotional offer at present. Code SSV12 at checkout gives a 15% discount on most accessories, making the Mirrycle MTB £11.04 - post free.
Damn! :mad:

Davanti

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 10, 2012
Not sure where I'm going but I can see where I've been ...

Hi ... your post was timely! Thinking along same lines as I wait for my new bike! Just ordered same at Evans Cycles | Mountain Bike | Trek & Specialized Bikes | UK Bike Shop for £12.99 - free delivery.
Mirrycle mirror arrived this morning! Brilliant! My bike comes tomorrow, can't wait to fit mirror. In the meantime, I've fitted mirror to lawn-mower. Its wonderful to admire the cut lawn in mirror as I tackle uncut grass ahead!;)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
In the meantime, I've fitted mirror to lawn-mower. Its wonderful to admire the cut lawn in mirror as I tackle uncut grass ahead!;)
Well that was easily worth the £1.95 you lost not having the discount code!

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
Looks good and well made.

gray
I'm pleased you like the mirror Gray and you're right about it being well-made. I was pleasantly surprised by its construction when I first unpackaged mine, not expecting much in the way of thought or engineering in such a little thing.

Indalo

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
I'm interested: Any chance of a photo Graham?

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
Juicy Bike
I will try and post a photo. Not too good at this sort of thing so will get my son to help. A bit more knowledgeable than me. I have to say I think it looks really good on the folder

gray

Last edited:

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
That's a nice mirror. I'm off to get some!
Thanks Gray

Advertisers