Mosquito bikes

steveindenmark

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2011
I am in Denmark and am looking for my first electric bike.

I was considering fitting a kit to my road bike but I have gone against that idea because I like my road bike for excerise and I also like it just the way it is.

I have now found a company called Mosquito bikes in Denmark. They produce a large range of bikes but I cannot find any details of the company themselves.

The bike that has caught my eye is a Mosquito Street Energy ED3. It has a 250w motor, 36v x 8,8 AH Li-ion (320wh) battery, Nuvinci gears, Schwalbe tyres, B&M lights. Possibly a Brookes saddle, I cannot tell for sure.

I have seen other Mosquito bikes both with and without electrics and they are well made and appear to be bombproof. The fact that they put Schwalbe tyres and B&M lights convinces me they are quality bikes.

The price is about £1500.

I have contacted Mosquito bikes to ask them where I can get to see and try one in the flesh.

Does the description of the bike sound ok to begin with or are the alarm bells ringing yet?

I would appreciate some comments.

steve

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
I am in Denmark and am looking for my first electric bike.

I was considering fitting a kit to my road bike but I have gone against that idea because I like my road bike for excerise and I also like it just the way it is.

I have now found a company called Mosquito bikes in Denmark. They produce a large range of bikes but I cannot find any details of the company themselves.

The bike that has caught my eye is a Mosquito Street Energy ED3. It has a 250w motor, 36v x 8,8 AH Li-ion (320wh) battery, Nuvinci gears, Schwalbe tyres, B&M lights. Possibly a Brookes saddle, I cannot tell for sure.

I have seen other Mosquito bikes both with and without electrics and they are well made and appear to be bombproof. The fact that they put Schwalbe tyres and B&M lights convinces me they are quality bikes.

The price is about £1500.

I have contacted Mosquito bikes to ask them where I can get to see and try one in the flesh.

Does the description of the bike sound ok to begin with or are the alarm bells ringing yet?

I would appreciate some comments.

steve
This is interesting steve. Last year there was some mention of a company operating out of Italy calling themselves Mosquito selling cheap Chinese imported copies of Wisper 900 series bikes.. They also had an office or agents in the UK and they were selling bikes on eBay here in the UK for under £600 as I recall.

When you said the name, I wondered was it the same company, but it doesn't sound like it is?

steveindenmark

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2011
There is also Mosquito bikes in london...very high tech.

I do not think this Mosquito bikes is the same as the e-bay one as they are in our top bike shops.

Apart from that the B&M lights and Schwalbe tyres would cost more than the bike. :)

I will keep you all posted as to how we progress.

Steve