Movement Sensor Got It Working

donnoirf

Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2010
KINGS NORTON BIRMINGHAM
Earlier this week I purchased & installed the sunlova conversion kit for my Dutch stepthrough frame bike.

All things fitted & worked well except the sensor. I had thought this maybe the case so I had opted for the left side sensor after reading many of the posts in this forum. Nevertheless, the sensor still didnt fit , it appeared that the spinndle on my bike was too short. I was determined to not to have to spend another penny by having to take my bike to a bike shop to fit the longer spinndle& bearing etc provided by sunlova.

So i decided to have ago myself, this is what i did:

1. I separated the to have of the motion sensor

2. on the the pieced that has all the rideges inside, I filed out the centre to make the hole bigger (upto the next/nearest inner circle)

3.I fixed the two pieces of the sensor back together, placed the metal part inplace

4. I put the whole assembled sensor on to the spindle as far back as it would go and replaced the left crank with the bolt tightly without squeezing the sensor too much

The inner part of the crank arm fits inside new enlarged circle, but turns comfortably without shifting the sensor

the sensor seems to now work well enough to kick the motor in once i begin pushing the pedals.

I took a ride out for about a mile & it seemed to hold up well on pedal assist all the way.

hoping it keeps up