My first electric vehicle

The Commuter

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 5, 2017
Telford
Hi everyone I am Dave from Telford

I was hoping to be posting on the Tesla forum with the same tittle ~ But for the reasons of lack of funds and a body that needs to do more than hit a ludicrous mode button. I have now purchased an Oxygen S Cross mountain bike.

I have been out and about a couple of times and the experience so far is very good.

I have a few questions that people might be bale to help with .

Firstly that usb slot on the bottom of the battery ~ Can I buy a light or a spliter and a couple of lights that I will not have to worry about being charged and also maybe a bit brighter than the ones I bought from home bargains last week ?

secondly a rear mudguard as I now have a fairly decent rain coat that is going to need dry cleaning

Thirdly if I park my bike outside during the day ~ Will the wet or cold affect the battery or the display ?

I have a secure but still outside parking slot.

Any tips from any more experienced riders or owners would be much appreciated as you wouldn't believe how long I can do things the dumb way rather than let the penny drop for most things and I pretty much take as given that I will work on the same principle for this new adventure.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Welcome to the forum, one problem ?
We already have a Telford dave :p, luckily you have chosen a non similar alias :).

Not good to leave ebikes out in the rain, ok to ride in it.
Ideally a bike cover is a good idea, maybe a sturdy Oxford motorcycle one.
Low voltage wired front and rear lights are available on ali express for about 15-30 quid though you may need to wire them up to a usb plug or wire them via the controller or battery with an inline fuse.

Last edited:

The Commuter

Nov 5, 2017
Telford
As far as the name goes ~ I thought it was common knowledge everyone in Telford is called Dave , Even the women.

I saw a cover reduced in Tesco so I shall grab a couple of those to keep for a rainy day :)

About the lights . I know the USB is 5V coming off , Just not sure what that means I Can plug in that will work.Would it possibly mean fitting a light with a battery inside but then leaving it to trickle charge by leaving it permanently plugged into the batteries usb slot I am pretty sure 5 v dc will not fire up that much

The Commuter

Nov 5, 2017
Telford
I am not living up to my name as I haven't yet made a commute .
I was worried about lights ~ My home bargain specials seemed a bit on the weak side so I went to Aldi tonight and bought a set of the COB LED lights both front and back are £12.99 each

They are very bright

https://www.aldi.co.uk/high-performance-bike-lights-rear/p/080231184023401

That is the back lights and other than being white not red the fronts are the same .

So my first commute will be tomorrow