My Giant Lafree Twist Lite for sale

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Now Sold - (My Giant Lafree Twist Lite for sale)

Now Sold

and collected next day by first applicant below.

Purchased 2003, still in good condition and full working order. Fitted with SRAM 5 speed hub gear, renewed earlier this year. Battery recelled to 8 Ah, also earlier this year, and hardly any miles since those jobs.

Comes with the only charger that was any good, the Metco unit which was supplied for a short while in 2004 between the Panasonic charger failures, past and present.

Adjustable leg propstand added, Marathon Plus rear tyre and Maxxis front tyre, both with at least 1500/2000 miles left in them. New brake pads.

Buyer must collect from South Croydon/Surrey border, absolutely no packing and despatch.

Reason for disposal is that my Q bike does all my utility work and I desperately need the space. Going at a bargain price which gets even lower the quicker you can collect. The front wheel on this model is quick detach so the bike will go into many medium hatchbacks with rear seat folded, and perhaps passenger seat slid forward.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes John, it is, as it's done so much for me. Trouble is it's getting no use at all and is just abandoned in the garage, standing in reserve. I created the Q bike just after recelling the battery and installing the replacement hub, and that does the work now.

I need the space asap, so it has to go.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
No Paul, I thought someone might deduce that! :)

In fact it's quite the opposite. I want to get the other two bikes into the garage so I can go ahead with a general upgrade in the home, double glazing, some other alterations and refitting, plus redecoration. So no more projects planned at all, at least for a very long time.

Trouble is there's no response yet, and there might be some kicking themselves when they learn what a bargain they could have had just with a trip to my area.

Last edited:

John Thomson

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 8, 2007
John thomson

Purchased 2003, still in good condition and full working order. Fitted with SRAM 5 speed hub gear, renewed earlier this year. Battery recelled to 8 Ah, also earlier this year, and hardly any miles since those jobs.

Comes with the only charger that was any good, the Metco unit which was supplied for a short while in 2004 between the Panasonic charger failures, past and present.

Adjustable leg propstand added, Marathon Plus rear tyre and Maxxis front tyre, both with at least 1500/2000 miles left in them. New brake pads.

Buyer must collect from South Croydon/Surrey border, absolutely no packing and despatch.

Reason for disposal is that my Q bike does all my utility work and I desperately need the space. Going at a bargain price which gets even lower the quicker you can collect. The front wheel on this model is quick detach so the bike will go into many medium hatchbacks with rear seat folded, and perhaps passenger seat slid forward.
Looks ideal for me can offer say 600 pounds flecc and pick up if neccessary this week
If possible can you email digital shots to my address
johnthomsons@btinternet.com

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Sold

and collected next day by first applicant above.

Last edited:

John Thomson

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 8, 2007
Thank flecc for calling me with your good advice ref your La free
Glad to see it has been sold
Am looking at rather expensive but baeutifully built Gazelle easy glider not sure about the lithium ion battery though

John Thomson

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I doubt if the battery will be too much of a problem on the Gazelle John.

Lithium problems mainly come from severe loadings such as driving high powered hub motors on steep hills where the torque loadings cause high current drains at lower speeds when climbing. The chemistry tires under such conditions.

The Gazelle, like the Lafree Twist, uses much lower power through the gears to enable climbs at low speeds but with the motor still running at higher and therefore optimum revs. This is much less stressful on the battery, and is like a hub motor bike used on the flat at higher speeds.