Need help finding the right bike for me.

PotatoFarm

Just Joined
Apr 5, 2023
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping for some recommendations for a first e-bike, infact my first bike in nearly 8 years! The choices out in google land are so overwhelming and mostly confusing, that I know you guys with way more expertise will be able to help me sift through the muck!!

A little about me and what I'm looking for. I used ride road bikes and DH MTB, but was hospitalised by a hit & run driver and have been left with some lifelong disabilities, predominantly the right hand side of my body, arm & leg, which have made riding my old Allez, or Trek for any distance extremely difficult.

Ideally I really would like a step through/over frame, with 20" wheels, throttle controlled bike that doesn't weigh a great deal (I'd have to essentially move it, when not riding, with one hand) that's able to help me cruise around the cycle paths, tow path and to nip down to Tescos! A left hand throttle is essential.

I really liked the RadRunner Plus, the 30+ kg put me off. The Fiido was another I liked, but was told I couldn't convert the throttle to Left handside

I'm really ready to get back in the saddle and I thank you for taking the time to read my post and grateful for any suggestions.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Look at Woosh Rambletta https://wooshbikes.co.uk/?rambletta
Maybe a bit heavier than you'd ideally like (20kg)
Very good value and excellent support: you'll see lots of praise for them on here, including from me.
|