Need help.

Riche

Pedelecer
Apr 15, 2011
I have recieved my order from BMS battery but thought a battery charger was included with the battery .. The battery is 48v 10ah LifePo4 .. Do you guys know of a cheapish > £50 Battery charger wich is available in the UK?

Or should go for a £23 china one and wait 3-4 weeks for delivery? What would you do?

I also need a nut/spacer thingy to go on the inside where the free wheel cassette is fitted if you see what I mean? .. Any Ideas?

Thanks for you ideas/assistance

Rich

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
You can get an assosrtment of washers from most local auto parts shops.
If your that strapped you could use a 2 pence piece and drill it...

Maplins also have washers in various sizes although you may have to drill these out (Which is what I did).

As far as chargers go there should be a few of the members that can supply you a charger. Banbury_Frank at Xipi might have a few chargers for sale.

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi Riche

If you have the shrink covered battery no charger is included

What BMS did you spec in the battery as there are 3 options the standard battery only comes with a 10AMP BMS

Also what size motor have you if you have the wrong BMS it will cut out with a large motor and controller

We are awaiting delivery off chargers about 2 weeks we sell 48 volt 4 amp cost £95 + £5 postage

we also supply fitting kits with proper dropout adapters and spacer washers all laser cut from 6 mm steel
different kit for front or rear you need these with powerful motors or you will destroy the front or rear forks

if you send me photo off the end off your forks i can supply the right kit

Also can you keep other members updated on the service and delivery times on your kit so they can buy from there and how you get on fitting the kit to your bike

PS all our kits and bikes are NOW 48 volt More fantastic GRUNT

Frank

Riche

Pedelecer
Apr 15, 2011
Hi Riche

If you have the shrink covered battery no charger is included

What BMS did you spec in the battery as there are 3 options the standard battery only comes with a 10AMP BMS

Also what size motor have you if you have the wrong BMS it will cut out with a large motor and controller

We are awaiting delivery off chargers about 2 weeks we sell 48 volt 4 amp cost £95 + £5 postage

we also supply fitting kits with proper dropout adapters and spacer washers all laser cut from 6 mm steel
different kit for front or rear you need these with powerful motors or you will destroy the front or rear forks

if you send me photo off the end off your forks i can supply the right kit

Also can you keep other members updated on the service and delivery times on your kit so they can buy from there and how you get on fitting the kit to your bike

PS all our kits and bikes are NOW 48 volt More fantastic GRUNT

Frank
Hi Frank,
Yeah its a shrink covered battery, I had to select the 30a option , the motor is 500w rear wheel.
I am interested in the dropout kit where can I see/buy it? I will do a thread on my build with photo's, but I am missing a few odds n ends atm.
The kit has arrived it took about 4 weeks, main delay was the battery being built as I understand it, even though it was all supposed to be in stock. It pays to get the online BMSBattery help to look at your order and check your getting the right stuff.

I will get you a photo tomorrow of my dropout and the bits BMSBattery have supplied.

Thanks for your help

Richard

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi riche

the 30 amp Bms will be perfect for 500 watt motor

If you send photo off drop outs on forks i will send back price for the appropriate kit

please send photo to frank@xipi.co.uk

Frank

Riche

Pedelecer
Apr 15, 2011
Can anyone one recommend a Battery bag that will take a 48v battery (36cm x 15cm x 8cm). I already have a Topeak rack fitted on my bike but I am finding it difficult to find a good bag/trunk that my battery will fit into, I have looked at the MTX range and even bought one but when it arrived it was 31cm instead of the advertised 36cm ..
Any ideas??

Thanks
Riche