New Brompton electric kit

Pedalo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2009
There looks to be a new kit available some time in 2011:

Falco

It looks a bit lighter than the Nano and fits within the Bromton forks without modification. The wireless controller is a nice touch too. Could be one to watch!

Pedalo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2009

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
I'm not sure about this new motor but would like to be proved wrong. Embedding the electronics in the wheel means problems when it goes wrong, how is that handled in practice. Wireless is great in theory but can prove to be an unreliable communication system at times and regen braking on a bike I still think is of not much practical use. I don't understand why they don't develop a better, less unobtrusive and more compact geared motor that has far greater hill climbing potential than a more complex 5 phase direct drive motor......

Last edited:

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Interesting :cool:

Quite a bit heavier than the Tongxin though :(

Regenerative braking & battery charging looks good, but I am with NRG in that I am not so keen with the all in one design if something should go wrong.

Regards

Jerry

Pedalo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2009
Interesting :cool:

Quite a bit heavier than the Tongxin though :(

Regenerative braking & battery charging looks good, but I am with NRG in that I am not so keen with the all in one design if something should go wrong.

Regards

Jerry
The details in the first link show the Brompton Falco as lighter than the Brompton Nano.

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Your right :eek:

I was checking another one of the links :eek:

Regards

Jerry

tepol

Pedelecer
Jun 9, 2008
There looks to be a new kit available some time in 2011:

Falco

It looks a bit lighter than the Nano and fits within the Bromton forks without modification. The wireless controller is a nice touch too. Could be one to watch!
I dunno , this sounds like a terrible idea, just imagine what those bike dealers could do if they got their hands on this.

Bikes that just cycle away overnight .

Signals getting jammed and causing the bikes to crash or stop completely so they get taken back for repairs..

They would be like Emperor Papaltine in their bike shops executing order 66 , so that all bike users would eventually meet a horrible fate. :(

tepol

Last edited: