New E Bike

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
Without going into any detail we have decided to change one of our ebike which needs expensive repairs, its approx 6 years ols and we no longer think it worth spending ££££ so are looking to buy a new bike. Have a budget of £1700 max. Must be step through, reliable . |Oh and only stipulation is a throttle just to help stating off, especcially on slight inclines. . No interest in using it for normal cycling..Looking at Raleigh, Woosh . Any other Ideas.

Last edited:

Stanebike

Pedelecer
Jan 5, 2020
Not sure that Raleigh e-bikes have throttles. The only Raleigh e-bikes I’ve ridden are the Motus and Stoweway neither of which have throttles so the Woosh may be the only suitable one from your list.

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
Thanks for that, I only put Raleigh in as it's a well known make, I did try one of there e bikes about 6 years back but can't remember if it had a throttle. Only worry I have with Woosh is repairs on the electric side, I had one years ago but local dealers wouldn't touch it. Although Woosh were very helpful. I'll probably buy from them as reviews and prices are good. Thanks for the advice.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
we don't have anyone in Taunton but we have an agent in Bristol who can look after your bike.

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
B
we don't have anyone in Taunton but we have an agent in Bristol who can look after your bike.
Thanks for that , i'll keep it in mind,although i rarely go to Bristol, its definetley not a place i like driving around at all. i do here good things about Woosh support though so maybe that would be enough.

Reactions: EddiePJ and Woosh

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
After a lot of though i have decided to buy from local dealers, my partner bought a new Wisper 705 T last week to replace her faulty 705T which was going to be to expensive to repair. I have a 705 T which is absolutley fine but i fancy a change, not another 705T, after much thought i have ruled out Woosh, and upped my budget. I think i would like to keep with a hub motor, its cheaper and i cant see any advantage / need for me to by a crank motor. Wisper Wayfarer looks promising, its more or less my max budget, Have been offered around £200/£300 for my bike in part ex which is a bit dissapointing as its in excellent condition. I may stick them on Ebay / Gumtree to see what the interest is. Any views on the Wayfarer or any alternative suggestions

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
After a lot of though i have decided to buy from local dealers, my partner bought a new Wisper 705 T last week to replace her faulty 705T which was going to be to expensive to repair. I have a 705 T which is absolutley fine but i fancy a change, not another 705T, after much thought i have ruled out Woosh, and upped my budget. I think i would like to keep with a hub motor, its cheaper and i cant see any advantage / need for me to by a crank motor. Wisper Wayfarer looks promising, its more or less my max budget, Have been offered around £200/£300 for my bike in part ex which is a bit dissapointing as its in excellent condition. I may stick them on Ebay / Gumtree to see what the interest is. Any views on the Wayfarer or any alternative suggestions
Hi Denwyn, have you considered our new Tailwinds? We are getting amazing feedback from owners.

This is the stripped back City model a low crossbar comfort model with mudguards etc May suit you better. Also available in black.

All the best, David

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If you say your bikes are expensive to repair then one can't exactly expect to get top dollar for them, £200/£300 may be more then it's worth if the cost to repair is dear.
What exactly is wrong with it to make it expensive to repair ?

• Agree
Reactions: Wisper Bikes

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
If you say your bikes are expensive to repair then one can't exactly expect to get top dollar for them, £200/£300 may be more then it's worth if the cost to repair is dear.
What exactly is wrong with it to make it expensive to repair ?
My 705 is all ok, and in excellent condition, the other was my partners bike, it had the controller repaired by Wisper, but that didnt cure the issue, it needs a new Tourque Sensor at £180, Wisper have been really great with there help and offered to update the electrics to the latest spec at same time, which as taking it up to the £300+price, getting the bike to them wasnt easy, finding a box to fit it in not easy to obtain. So we decided to buy a new bike and keep the old bike for possible spares for my 705T. The new bike is great, my partner loves it, its perfect for her. I just fancy a change, as i have said nothing at all wrong with mine. I like the look of the Wayfarer step through, thinking about it as my bike is almost 5 1/2 years old £300 is about right

Wynne0648

Pedelecer
May 12, 2017
Leeds
Hi Denwyn, have you considered our new Tailwinds? We are getting amazing feedback from owners.

View attachment 52460

This is the stripped back City model a low crossbar comfort model with mudguards etc May suit you better. Also available in black.

All the best, David
Hi
Really great looking bike, but I think a step through Wayfarer is probably going to suit me better, going to look into sorting out a test ride soon, was going to go to Axcess in Honiton as they have been helpful in the past, sadly they have closed down. We have another dealer near by so I will go there.

Reactions: Wisper Bikes