New Ebike Books

Caph

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 29, 2008
Nottingham, UK
I've just noticed a couple of new Ebike books available which may be of interest. I've only downloaded and read the samples of each on my Kindle so I can't comment much on them.

The first is Electric Bicycle Conversion Kit Installation - Made Easy by Claude Rosay which was published just a few days ago. If I'm not mistaken he's created his own publishing label and then used Amazon as his distributor. Sounds like a smart cookie based on that alone. The sample reads well but doesn't make it to any of the actual ebike stuff which is a pity.

The second is The Real-World User Guide for e-bikes by Tim Sutton which was published a couple of months ago. He's based in Switzerland and the sample is rather enthusiastic to say the least - you'll find lots of exclamation marks and chat-speak which may not appeal to everyone. Again the sample stops short of anything useful unfortunately.

I'll throw this one in too because it may be of interest to some of the older members of the forum - Motorized Bicycles by Tom Bartlett which was published just before Christmas (and is only £2.50 on the Kindle). I know it's not ebikes, but it's close.

It's good to see interest seems to be picking for ebikes. If anyone does try them out, do let us know what they're like.

EdBike

Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2010
Its easier and easier to self-publish today, and so amateur-pros like these guys can all put together really good books and guides. What's more, e-books are getting more and more popular with Kindle Readers and the iPad. Will hopefully be launching the new electric bike buyers guide across the Kindle and iPad platform as and when I get the time :-]

Have you come across the 'Electric Bicycle Guide' by David Henshaw and Richard Peace; associated with A to B magazine. That's very good and very thorough.

On the subject of conversion kits, I think a really good guide that's UK specific that covers reliable and good suppliers of e-bike parts and a thorough, easy-to-follow guide to converting your bike would be great - I suggested in another thread this could be a good joint venture for members of the Pedelecs Forum? Perhaps make a DVD course? I can promote it if you guys can produce it ;)

Caph

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 29, 2008
Nottingham, UK
It was the Electric Bicycle Guide featured on the back of this month's Sustrans newsletter that got me looking for other ebike books on my Kindle. I've not got hold of a copy yet though.

I agree it would be good to have a round up of the current crop of motors and controllers. It seems to be an ever changing field and the real world feedback of actual users is way more informative than a load of facts and figures from the manufacturer.