New ebike user

richy1009

Just Joined
Aug 23, 2023
Hello every one .. i am 69yr old man looking to buy my first ebike !
my budget is around £1500
I am currently looking at the wisper 705 and the Raleigh Felix+ both are around £1500
I like the bosch drive system on the raleigh but have concerns about after service.

can someone give me some guidance before making a purchase !!

Thanking you all

Richy

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Bosch are pretty reliable, but like any ebike, the battery will eventually wear out and so will the motor. There's not much you can do yourself to fix them other than buy expensive replacement parts. Most faults require dealer diagnosis.

Wisper can be fixed by yourself. Parts are relatively cheap.

In other words, in the very long term, the Wisper might be a better option, but if you're only looking say three years ahead, buy whichever one you like the most.

richy1009

Just Joined
Aug 23, 2023
Hello every one .. i am 69yr old man looking to buy my first ebike !
my budget is around £1500
I am currently looking at the wisper 705 and the Raleigh Felix+ both are around £1500
I like the bosch drive system on the raleigh but have concerns about after service.

can someone give me some guidance before making a purchase !!

Thanking you all

Richy
Thank you all for the advice and recommendations , i am now looking at the " RALEIGH Motus Tour - Derailleur Gear Electric Bike " supplied by my local dealer. I will sleep on it and put an order in next week

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
peter at ebike motor centre can service all the bosch motors my bike is ten years old.