New member. Kalkhoff Pro Connect. Control switch problem.

ColB

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 12, 2016
Bath
Thanks ColB. Was the switch brand new? Or do you think it was a recovered one?
Hello Mike.
I think it had been in stock for some time.
The leads were a bit dirty.
Otherwise...I'm sure it was unused.
Quite pricey...79.85 euros !
Col

Reactions: oriteroom

oriteroom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2008
ColB

Did you order direct on the pro-golla website? Has the price changed it was showing 69.95 euros? I count 10 wires on the new switch as well. Perhaps the extra switch for the light is just not put in the little printed circuit board on the new switch, but they use the same multicore wire in manufacture. Shame when you had it all apart you didn't get a piccy of the other side so we could work out which colour wires are associated with the Lights.

Does anyone know how & where the 'stepping' down of the voltage (from the battery's 26v ) to the lamp bulb voltage is done? Does the resistor above the light switch in CplB photo play a part?

Last edited:

ColB

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 12, 2016
Bath
ColB

Did you order direct on the pro-golla website? Has the price changed it was showing 69.95 euros? I count 10 wires on the new switch as well. Perhaps the extra switch for the light is just not put in the little printed circuit board on the new switch, but they use the same multicore wire in manufacture. Shame when you had it all apart you didn't get a piccy of the other side so we could work out which colour wires are associated with the Lights.

Does anyone know how & where the 'stepping' down of the voltage (from the battery's 26v ) to the lamp bulb voltage is done? Does the resistor above the light switch in CplB photo play a part?
Hi. The price was 69.95 euro + 9.90 shipping. Hence 79.85