New to electric bikes

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Right gleaning info from the two posts so far, it isn't working.
First of all how old id the bike & battery?
One will also need to check the battery voltage properly using a meter that is outputs 41.5v - 42v when fully charged.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The controller yuan lang, I don't think you will likely ever find one unless OEM on a bike.
To confirm whether the controller or motor is at fault one will have to carry out some tests.
Easy test with no battery power, can you turn the motor wheel forwards by hand with controller connected ?

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If the motor wheel easy to rotate forwards by hand with ease or very slight resistance or does it rotate with heavy resistance. This is simple test to see if the controller may be at fault, though not 100% conclusive.

With power off one can also use the meter set for 20 ohms DC for mosfet resistance testing, the Black probe on Black thick v- wire and Red probe in turn to the Blue, Green & Yellow phase wires each result should be the same and approx 9 - 10 ohms for the low side.
Next test the high side using the Red v+ against the three colours, the results will likely be different. As long as one doesn't see a 0 reading all is fine.

The aim is to rule out a controller short /failure.

After that one looks at the hub for an issue.

Kevinjohn00

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 10, 2022
Hi, Think I have found the fault a pink wire coming out of the handlebar controller has snapped so I an going to solder it .
When I touch those wires together the control lights light up.I wont know if it's working until I do that, but hopefully all good.
Thanks for your help..regards kev.

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The pink might be the cpu power supply in the display, any broken connection is a likely reason. A good find to sort the issue out.

Reactions: Kevinjohn00