New to it .... and naturally a problem to solve .................

Willum

Just Joined
Feb 14, 2019
Flattest Lincolnshire
Hello All
I've just been GIVEN an elderly Powabyke from an elderly lady who couldn't ride it any more. There are a few problems that are going to have to be sorted out, so I'll hunt down the appropriate part of the forum and fire out the questions.
It's my first electric bike and I'm quite looking forward to riding it.
WillPowabyke.jpg

Reactions: Poolepete

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The control system is a bit unusual. It has a two position switch somewhere. It might be the key switch or a separate one. I can't remember now. If I remember right, in one position, the power comes from the throttle whenever you're pedalling. In the other position, the power comes from the throttle after you've pedalled, but will continue to work when you stop pedalling.

Willum

Just Joined
Feb 14, 2019
Flattest Lincolnshire
Hi and thanks for the welcome and interest.
I'm going to open a new thread on the Technical list and see what comes up. I've just managed to contact Powabykes and they were very helpful - but quite candid in stating that it's OLD (1990s) and virtually no spares available but are going to email me anything they can dig out.
Will
ps I just read a bit on the Technical forum that suggests I should put the questions up here, then it will get moved if appropriate.
Have I got that bit right?

Last edited: