New user- looking for advice

paulak

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 8, 2011
Hi, I'm Paula and I live in Mid Devon, a very beautiful part of the country and, yup...lots of hills. I was recommended to register with this forum by some friends in East Devon who both have bikes. In fact they gave me an old Powabyke to get started on and despite it being too large and heavy for me to ride safely, it's whetted my appetite for this kind of cycling and I'm now looking to buy a more resent model , hence my request for advice. I'm short (5ft) and require a bike with a small frame (14ins to 15ins) and reasonably light (Lithium battery essential). I have about £500-£600 to spend so realise I may be looking at a good second hand bike rather than a top of the range new one, although I gather a Windsor/Powacyle is a good make and not too pricey. Due to my height, I would prefer a step-through model. I'd be very grateful for any suggestions and advice you experienced electric bikers might have for me. Thanks in advance, PaulaK

danieldrough

Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2007
Devon
Hi Paula,welcome. The Windsor is owned by several members so perhaps they will post. I think others are using the Cyclamatic. I think you should receive support soon. Best wishes.

Dan

hoppy

May 25, 2010
Try Powerpedals at South Molton. They sell the Princess model at 599 and have a good reputation. Phil Hughes the owner lives at Tiverton and is helpful to deal with. I bought his Compy model recently and it is excellent.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Hi Paula,
Welcome to the forum !
Good idea of Hoppy's to try Powerpedals Princess model, I had it for a trial a few months ago and it is
quite powerful.
There again, you could wait a few more weeks, up your budget and get his new Esprit model thats due in......with its crank motor system and throttle it will definately EAT those Devon hills.
Have fun trying......I have P/M'd you about my Powacycle Windsor

Lynda