Newbie from Germany

Paul1962

Pedelecer
Jan 4, 2024
35745 Herborn
Hello,

I am Paul from Germany.
I am more or less new in the electric bicycle business and have registered myself already at pedelecforum.de, but sometimes it is good to get some input from outside your own hemisphere.

I am 61.5 years old, 110 kgs light, 193 cm talland have been riding bicycles since I was 5, but throughout the last 2 years I discovered more or less that hiils I drove easily 20 years ago are now exhausting me dramtically (some health issues I wouldn't want to dig deeper into here) so I decided to move towards electric bicycles.

As I didn't want to spend a fortune the manufacturer "ELGLIDE" caught my attention and appeared to me as one of the best Price-Value Ratios available.
But I was still a bit sceptical whether it fits my height until I saw that they are now having a 29" model, the Eleglide M1Plus which I own now.

All in all I am quite happy with it though it took me a while to learn how to handle a hub motor bicycle properly, especially in hilly areas.

If anyone is interested in my unboxing Video(s) of that bicycle (though it is in German language) feel free to look it up HERE.

Take care,

Paul

Attachments

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hello,

I am Paul from Germany.
I am more or less new in the electric bicycle business and have registered myself already at pedelecforum.de, but sometimes it is good to get some input from outside your own hemisphere.

I am 61.5 years old, 110 kgs light, 193 cm talland have been riding bicycles since I was 5, but throughout the last 2 years I discovered more or less that hiils I drove easily 20 years ago are now exhausting me dramtically (some health issues I wouldn't want to dig deeper into here) so I decided to move towards electric bicycles.

As I didn't want to spend a fortune the manufacturer "ELGLIDE" caught my attention and appeared to me as one of the best Price-Value Ratios available.
But I was still a bit sceptical whether it fits my height until I saw that they are now having a 29" model, the Eleglide M1Plus which I own now.

All in all I am quite happy with it though it took me a while to learn how to handle a hub motor bicycle properly, especially in hilly areas.

If anyone is interested in my unboxing Video(s) of that bicycle (though it is in German language) feel free to look it up HERE.

Take care,

Paul
Looks like a nice bike. It's unbeatable at that price. Thanks for sharing.

It's all standard Chinese stuff, so very easy to upgrade and/or modify. Does the motor give enough torque for your hills? I just noticed the spares page. I'll start a thread about that.

Paul1962

Pedelecer
Jan 4, 2024
35745 Herborn
Does the motor give enough torque for your hills? I just noticed the spares page. I'll start a thread about that.
This is the 2nd of it, the 1st one I, let's say, abused it, but got it re-funded and bought a 2nd one, now even 100 € cheaper (650) and now that i adopted my ride-style to avoid 5 km/H uphill as this is going to kill the motor this will last.

But this whole story would be worth a separate thread,

Last edited: