Newbie Hampshire

Moto

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 7, 2017
Hampshire
Hello, a quick intro before I dive in with some questions. Live in Hampshire, am no longer “young”, and have ridden bikes and motorcycles for many years.

Even when “young” and much fitter I never seemed to have a lot of power in my legs, though could spin away for hours quite happily, it just means that hills have always seemed a bit of a drag, slogging away in low gears at low speed.

Having said that I love a big hill, or at least when I get to the top! And I will never walk, unless it becomes so steep its un-rideable. So, yeah, riding mainly off-road, my favoured areas are the Dorset coast, Purbeck Hills, Black Mountains, Brecon Beacons.

These areas are very much out of bounds for my main passion, motorbikes, and one of the reasons I also have mountain bikes. Obviously bicycles have many advantages and offer a very different riding experience, but riding a bicycle can feel quite painful at times in comparison!

Anyway I have ridden an electric Scott and was instantly converted, so here I am and ready to consider what to buy, standby for another post....

-Steve

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Hello and welcome Steve :)

Gaz