Newbie here!!

catlewis

Just Joined
Apr 26, 2011
Hi Everyone!

I've been lurking on these forums for a while now so thought I would sign on up!

I'm looking for an electric bike to use for work. Work is only around 3 miles away but there is no way I would be able able to commute there in a non elec bike. I live in Bristol where there are massive hills everywhere! I'm sure after a while I would be able cycle up them (because I would be getting fitter) but I need a helping hand!

Anyway, I'm looking for a reasonably price bike (I don't have a budget per-se I just want the best bike for my needs), that would suit a beginner. However, I don't want to have to buy a better bike any time soon. I want something that looks good and more like a normal bike. I guess essentially I need a mid range bike.

I hope you can help!!

Thanks in advance!

Cat

PennyFarthing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2011
Cat, how did you get on in your search? Are you still looking?

Penny

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
Hi Cat and a somewhat belated welcome to the forum.

Echoing what PennyFarthings has asked, are you settled yet on a particular model or perhaps you've compiled a shortlist by now? It seems like the choice of ebikes on the market grows almost daily which possibly makes purchase even more confusing. I'm sure you've taken on board the advice freely given in the forum and read the brickbats and bouquets supplied by owners of various brands so I, for one, would be interested to know how your search is progressing.

There are so many styles and systems available out there, it can be difficult to determine which particular bike is the right one for you but, as one who lives in a hilly area, I will say that if you buy any bike that doesn't cope easily with hills, you'll probably tire of it quickly and give up. Forgive me stating the obvious but only those bikes known to make hill-climbing easy should feature on your list.

Do let us know Cat.

Regards,
Indalo

catlewis

Just Joined
Apr 26, 2011
Hi and thanks for the welcome.

I put the idea on hold for a while because my job changed and I was working further away. However, now I work about 10 miles away.

I think that I will be going for a DIY ebike because it's cheaper and there is more of a project involved which I like. I know for certain that once I have done my own my husband will want one too!

I probably won't use it for work straight away but will use it to go to the shops and stuff to actually get used to riding a bike. I don't think I will jump straight into a 20 miles round trip everyday!

So now, I am just looking at the available kits to see what would suit my needs for hilly Bristol!

Any suggestions are more than welcome!

C

Cyclezee

Hi Catlewis,

A warm welcome to the forum.

I would like to recommend an eZee conversion kit, not just because we sell them and are unashamedly biased, but also because they are available in a variety of combinations to suit every need and offer excellent value money especially right now.
Our end of year sale starts 7th November with £100 off kits and 10% discount on spare parts & accessories.This offer is subject to availability.

You can find more information via the link below.

Regards,

catlewis

Just Joined
Apr 26, 2011
Hi John,

Thanks for the recommendation. However, I have looked at your kits and they are a bit too expensive for me for my first attempt at a build!

Cat

C

Cyclezee

Hi Cat,

No problem, good hunting and I hope you find what you are looking for

Regards,

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Hi Cat
I hope you can find time to have a look at our kits. For any advice needed just give the shop a call.