Woosh Newbie saying hi, looking at a Woosh Camino

sammyc77

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 20, 2021
Hi all, been browsing for past few days and thought I’d join up to say hello.

Having decided that we can run one car with little trouble I’ve decided to buy an e-bike for commuting to work and occasional work-related travel around town.

I visited a local e-bike shop and got a very friendly service (including a test of two bikes, a Gazelle Citygo and Haibike Trekking 1.0). Prices were pretty eye watering (for me) however and I am now looking at the Woosh Camino. Trying to work out if I need the Gran Camino but think it may be overkill ( I’m 6’3 and 17 stone but losing weight!). Plus the Gran Camino isn’t available until June/July. Will definitely be interested in getting some of these Marathon puncture-resistant tyres I have been reading about on here!

Anyway, nice informative forum, I’m sure I’ll be back with further questions ;)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Bikes like Woosh that use generic China electrics are easier to repair, the other two you mentioned are closed electric systems which means no one but the brand/ dealer can repair them should a major fault occur in most cases. Once warranty runs out on the latter then for some they are a very expensive garage/shed ornament and a very expensive option to get repaired via a brand/dealer.

Reactions: sammyc77 and sjpt

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
For your weight (17 stone), I would recommend the Gran Camino that has beefier wheels.
about delivery:
the Camino, Gran Camino, Santana3, Rambletta and Faro will all arrive end of March/beginning of April but there is a building backlog, so the delivery date is whenever your building slot is booked. At present, Hatti is booking building slots for July. Please talk to Hatti on 01702-435566 or email her hatti@wooshbikes.co.uk.
There will be cancellations, so your bike may be delivered earlier than your booked date.

Reactions: sammyc77

Atlav4

Pedelecer
Feb 16, 2020
Hi can highly recommend Woosh bikes having the Faro myself for coming up to 1 year and just over 1000 miles without any issues with any components Had marathon plus at 28c and have extracted shards of glass that have sliced off sections of tread,clearly showing the blue protection, and yet still no punctures. Now have fitted marathon original greenguard at 35c and the difference in ride comfort is huge, lighter,faster grippier and smoother. So agree the wider tyres will equate to a more comfortable ride with the gran Camino.

Reactions: sammyc77