Kenyon

Just Joined
Dec 29, 2015
Looking for a suitable bike to visit my mum 3 buses away and an hour and a half journey each way! But only 35 min by bike...I have my trusty GT tequesta which is about 25 years old suitable for the
off road. I want step thru, reliable and a decent battery and will pay up to about 1500 if pushed.Any ideas appreciated,I am 58 female, not physicall strong.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Just about any electric assist bike will do the distance ok, but has the route got genuinely steep hills or is it moderate or flat Kenyon?

Also what area are you in, since it's best that you are able to try out an e-bike before buying.

That information will help us recommend the most suitable step through.

Lancslass

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 3, 2015
Egerton, BL7 North Bolton, Lancashire
Take a look at the Juicy range of dutch style step throughs Kenyon. I own a Juicy Classic and I love it! She has done everything asked of her so far and never fails to put a great big grin on my face! Bought her a couple of months back.
I am retired (just to give you an idea of my age!) and I have a bad back so like you, not physically strong.

Here's the link to Juicy Bikes:
https://www.juicybike.co.uk/electric-bikes

They have their bikes at outlets nationally but if you contact Bob Wales on their site first, he will make sure the bike your interested in is available before you go and visit any shops.

I don't have any connections with Juicy Bike except I'm a proud owner. Feel free to ask anything you want to know about the Juicy Classic.

OldBob1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2012
Staffordshire
Hi Kenyon I would strongly suggest a visit to a E-bike shop even if it means a day out to have a go and see what the different models and systems do.
And remember you are the buyer so ask all the questions you can think off, and sleep on the answers and experiences you received.
Then come and ask us if you need:rolleyes: