OK. So how do people with glasses and false teeth ride without mudguards

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I thought i would bite the bullet, stand tall and manly and ride wothout my normal wimpy plastic protection and go au natural....sort of!
Well, after two wet and muddy rides out without mudguards I found my glasses soon got smeared and I couldn't see too well and the muck and gritt found its way under my teeth. Yes I know I could keep my mouth shut but wiping my glasses on the back of my glove only made things much worse, and when I stopped for a drink and looked at my bright yellow Aldi waterproof jacket I could not believe how much muck I had acquired...
Fortunately, or unfortunately depending the how you view this, on ride back down the hill the heavens opened to such an extent than my bright yellow Aldi waterproof jacket regained some of its natural colour ... But this was only an ilusion as I was plastered from head to foot with foresty grime, grit, horse poo and other unamable flotsam...... and we hadn't been through the really muddy bits...
On the plus side I was dry from the waist up so good on ya Aldi, but the mudhugger order has had to be sent today..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oh. I forgot to add that there were 2 of us and I was behind. I think that made things a tad worse..
And to add insult to injury the missus is not well and I don't know how to operate the big Brown washy spinny thing in the kitchen.

falmouthtony

Esteemed Pedelecer
On the road wouldn't be so bad but aparently horse riders aren't obliged to pick up on bridleways...

Turn it into a glass half full scenario Phill.
Get home, stand over your flower beds and shake yourself down.
You'll have everyone complimenting you on your dahlias....;)

Justin767

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 22, 2016
Alresford
I use the NeoGuard, it works a treat.
You can get away with quite small ones - I use a 'S'mall on my 140mm forks and an XS on my old 120mm hardtail..
Then a visor on my helmet that I pull down more when following my mates..

Reactions: EddiePJ

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
I dont wear glasses and I leave my teeth at home when out on the bike :)

cycling weakly

Pedelecer
Oct 4, 2015
Scooter Dog Is going at the same speed & stays clean. Maybe a dog seat on the handlebars & another dog in a backpack would be the answer:confused:.

Steve

• :D
Reactions: LeighPing

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
A lot depends on what you want to do.
If you ride off road in wet conditions you are going to get dirty no matter what you use. My mud huggers are strong, don't move about and keep the thick if it off me.
For on road riding I fitted full guards and was surprised at the difference and my conclusion is that most if the wet I and the bike experienced was thrown up from the road rather than rained down from above.
Kudos to those who enjoy coming home in need of an industrial powerwash before being allowed indoors, but having tried it I decided it wasn't for me..

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

Related Articles

Advertisers