Old pedelec needs new battery

Pedal Anton

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 19, 2011
Bærums Verk, Norway
I'm looking for a spare battery for a pedelec, type DBS, now a part of Cycleurope, from around 2000.
The producer says that they do not deliver batteries for this bike anymore. It's too old. :mad:
Anybody out there that recognize this battery/drive unit? I would very much appreciate a advice where to get a spare battery as the bike is technical OK. :cool:

67.jpg71.jpg68.jpg

oigoi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2011
Hi,
Do you know what kind of battery it is, is it lead acid, or NIMH or Lithium ion?

If you dismantled the battery so you could see what kind of batteries or cells are inside it, and then rebuild the battery with new ones.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That's almost certainly an SLA powered bike. Open up the case and you'll probably see two or three black rectangular battery cases in there. Measure the three dimensions of one of them and you'll be able to buy new ones to replace the old from a number of suppliers we can refer you to. To replace them, note the way the connections go and replug onto the new batteries in exactly the same way, observing the polarity (+ & -).

Pedal Anton

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 19, 2011
Bærums Verk, Norway
Thank you! The bike is not nearby, so I will remove the batterycase and check the battery type next time. I also notice that the casing is possible to split (screws).