Own bike want to pay to have it professionally converted

Moglie

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 12, 2010
Hello, just about to buy a Cannondale Quick 8 through my company cycle to work scheme and want to pay a professional to have it converted. Going direct to Cytronex is not an option, as I can't use their cycle to work scheme.

Can anyone recommend companies in the Bournemouth area which professionally convert bikes?

Many thanks
Moglie

z0mb13e

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2009
Dorset
Hi Moglie,

I'm not aware of anywhere in Dorset that specalises in ebike conversions. (That doesn't mean there isn't one, I just haven't heard of any). You could try asking Universal Electric Transport at John Brown's Garden Centre if they know of anywhere. They are the only local ebike supplier I know of.

Last edited:

Moglie

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 12, 2010
Hi Moglie,

I'm not aware of anywhere in Dorset that specalises in ebike conversions. (That doesn't mean there isn't one, I just haven't heard of any). You could try asking Universal Electric Transport at John Brown's Garden Centre if they know of anywhere. They are the only local ebike supplier I know of.
Thanks, have already been to them, they only sell those Bear bikes.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Just ask around a few local bike work shops, I am sure someone would give it a go.....

HarryB

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2007
London
Just a thought but if you are planning to use the cycle to work scheme, why don't you just buy an electric bike rather than getting a kit fitted? It will probably work out cheaper and will have some advantages such as a better battery position.