Oxygen EMate Race ?

MyPump

Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2010
Hi

I have just came across Oxygen EMate cycles which to be honest look pretty good to me but being a novice I am not actually sure how good they are ?

I was looking at the Oxygen EMate Race for my daily 4 mile road commute so I hope this will do the job ?

Has anyone delay with Oxygen before and if so what are they like as the cycles look the part ?

Many thanks
Andrew

My Pump - Diabetes Product Information and Links - Welcome to My Pump Website !!!

Atmosphere

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2008
Bristol
www.electricbikes.org.uk
Hi Andrew

Yes the Oxygens were very nice bikes but unfortunately there has been no stock for some time. We waiting to hear of delivery dates for the new versions which maybe next year now - but waiting for clarification

You wouldnt go wrong with a Wisper 905 and maybe with the short distance you are after the Eco would be a good priced option.
There are other makes that may well do the job but I would really suggest having a try as there are many more things than spec that make a good bike for you

Regards

Alistair

Marchant

Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2010
Bath, UK
I really like my Oxygen City, can't really find anything negative to say about it after racking up 400 miles since buying it in August. But if they are no longer available, for whatever reason, then I guess you'll have to look elsewhere. Shame.

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
I really like my Oxygen City, can't really find anything negative to say about it after racking up 400 miles since buying it in August. But if they are no longer available, for whatever reason, then I guess you'll have to look elsewhere. Shame.
They'll be back, don't worry!

Oxygen Bicycles

Trade Member
Feb 18, 2010
www.oxygenbicycles.com
bikes in production

Hi all,

I feel I should give a quick update to everyone about our bikes and the delay we currently face. Unfortunately there are good reasons why we haven't got a bikes in stock.

First of all we are changing our frames. We will have a new frame for 2011 which is slightly modified and required some extra tooling to be made.

Secondly we will now have a new step through frame for ladies which also took some time to develop.

Thirdly, the number of bike manufacturers (assemblers) is increasing each year, that obviously gives a huge pressure on the manufacturers of various bike parts and we get a situation when demand is higher than supply. As a result of that bike parts become more expensive but also the lead time is relatively longer.

Last reason is that the bike manufacturers are now in the very busy period getting the bikes ready for early spring 2011. This year gave us a really good lesson to be learnt and we already work very hard on implementing a system which will help us increase production throughput and minimaise the lead time.

So just to sum up, the ETA for new 2011 Oxygen's is due for end Dec/beg of Jan 11. All those who were expectingf the new stocks in the end of Nov I really want to apologise for the delay. As I mentioned above it's mainly caused by the external factors which we really try to overcome for the future.

all the best

Andrew

Marchant

Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2010
Bath, UK
Good news Andrew, I would hate for such a quality product to simply disappear. More power to yer elbow!

MyPump

Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2010
Hi all,

Thanks for all the info. It would be great to see some more reviews and info on the Oxygen Emate Cycles as I have looked for reviews but not found very many at all.

There must be somemore Oxygen owners out there to give us some honest reviews like do they have an LCD display, what is the quality like (Looks pretty good to me) and of course what is the customer service and/or support like ?

I dolike the shape and design of both a Wisper 906 Alpino or the Oxygen Emate Race which both look like great cycles to me. Does the Oxygen have the facitlity to be throttle only as well as Pedel Assist as I think the Wisper can be derestricted ?

Thanks again.

Andrew

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Oxygen Electric Bikes back in stock

We've taken delivery of a selection of Oxygen bikes this week - the 2011 version of the Oxygen Emate City that did so well last year and a new step-thru model, the Diva. The Emate now comes with a 15Ah battery which gives it a very useful range.

Andrew, you've done a great job with these bikes. I particularly like the new paintwork, the matt finish looks the business. Yet to see a silver one, but always a good look when done well.

We have an Emate City available for test ride at both our Richmond and Loughborough showrooms.

Marchant

Pedelecer
Sep 8, 2010
Bath, UK
Well I'm still very much enjoying my 2010 model so I'm pleased to see the excellent Oxygen are progressing into the new year.

Oxygen Bicycles

Trade Member
Feb 18, 2010
www.oxygenbicycles.com
Hi all,

wow, looks like I missed to respond to that, thanks David, yes it's been very busy recently so had not too much time to look around pedelecs.

For all those interested we have now revealed our new 2011 range of electric bikes.

Perhaps I should start another thread but not sure if Admins won't kick me out as it will sound like an advert :D

All the best

Andrew
Oxygen Bicycles