parts needed for bosch drive unit

barneys36

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 10, 2011
anyone selling a damaged or faulty bosch drive unit as i need a tiny sensor to get my haibike back on the road but i cant get spares anywhere text or call if u have any parts or complete bosch drive unit for sale my bike is 2013 my number is 07800802911

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
anyone selling a damaged or faulty bosch drive unit as i need a tiny sensor to get my haibike back on the road but i cant get spares anywhere text or call if u have any parts or complete bosch drive unit for sale my bike is 2013 my number is 07800802911
Hi,

As per our previous emails. Any faulty unit will be held by Bosch and replaced. Therefore their is not really and units available to buy on the market second hand.

Contact the place of purchase and organise a return to Germany.

Regards
Martin

barneys36

Jan 10, 2011
Hi,

As per our previous emails. Any faulty unit will be held by Bosch and replaced. Therefore their is not really and units available to buy on the market second hand.

Contact the place of purchase and organise a return to Germany.

Regards
Martin
bike was bought second hand and i dont have the details of were it was bought from no one seams to be able to help i doubt very much if i will ever buy another bosch powered ebike again its hard to belive that they are allowed to sell these bikes but not supply spares for them

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
Barney,

This procedure is the same for any component, from brakes, gears suspension etc. Any warranty work always goes through a dealer.

This is what the dealer is here for. To look after you.

Rather than say -
i doubt very much if i will ever buy another bosch powered ebike again
Why not say -
I doubt very much if I will purchase a second hand Bosch bike again, with no back up. I shall be buying from a dealer next time for full after sales support?
Your energy should be put into contacting the person you bought it from to see if you can get an original sales invoice off them.

Regards
Martin

barneys36

Jan 10, 2011
Also just re read the original post, you understand the drive unit it programmed specifically to that particular bike?

Its not as easy as just swapping them out. This is part of the procedure Bosch do when replacing the drive unit.

Martin
i have a new bosch drive unit comming from germany are u saying this wont work what happens if i dont update the software and i also found that the older hmi display on my other bosch powered bike the ave xh5 now reads in mph after pluging my bosch intuvia into it for five minutes

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
Yep the mph will change after plugging intuvia in.
The whole unit may need an update depending on what display you are using and what the motor software is flashed for.

The motor is logged with the frame number, manufacture date, and lots of other info specific to the bike.

When you mount the new drive it will say - 'Software update required' if it needs re flashing so youll know straight away.

Anyway, good luck. Glad you got sorted.

Regards
Martin

barneys36

Jan 10, 2011
Yep the mph will change after plugging intuvia in.
The whole unit may need an update depending on what display you are using and what the motor software is flashed for.

The motor is logged with the frame number, manufacture date, and lots of other info specific to the bike.

When you mount the new drive it will say - 'Software update required' if it needs re flashing so youll know straight away.

Anyway, good luck. Glad you got sorted.

Regards
Martin
it said update software on my ave bike when i tried the bosch intuvia but it still worked fine only thing that did not work was the walk button on the new intuvia controller the walk function is something i would never use so it does not bother me