Powacycle battery/charger Help

canny_nic

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2016
North tyneside
Holy ****. I sent a message to him n then I found him on eBay. eBay says £2000 or £ 999. I hope to gawd those prices are wrong.

His website says £195. Ha ha.
Let's hope it's a good price otherwise this bike is heading for scrap. N I'm saving up for a brand new one with a credible battery.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Insat/BGA prices will very depending on the cells used for upgrading.
My brother visited Jimmy yesterday and is getting his 10ah Kalkhoff S pedelec battery recelled with top Panasonic 3450GA cells to give an increase to 13.8ah, two quotes were given £220 & £270 for different cells.
P.s,
Jimmy is unwell at the moment so I wish him the best.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: flecc

canny_nic

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2016
North tyneside
Ah cheers for that. Not a bad price either

Hope he gets well. My message to insat has so far gone unanswered so far but I can wait till he's better.

So is 13ah make them charge for longer ? Again I've no idea what I'm doing.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Generally chargers charge at 2amps but some do 3 or 4 amps. A 10ah battery charged with a 2amp charger takes about 5hrs to fully charge, a 13ah one would take 6.5 hrs to charge at 2amps. Also a 13ah battery will have a bit more range then a 10ah one.
My brothers battery has 40 cells and when recelled will still have 40 cells, the increase in capacity is because battery technology has moved on a little. The old cells are 2500mah and the new ones are now 3450 mah.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Ah cheers for that. Not a bad price either

Hope he gets well. My message to insat has so far gone unanswered so far but I can wait till he's better.

So is 13ah make them charge for longer ? Again I've no idea what I'm doing.
... It's not dissimilar to filling a big balloon with water through a hosepipe. The bigger the volume the longer it takes to fill as the charger or hose pipe only lets a fixed amount of electricity ( or water) through. When it gets close to full, it is like the elastic is stretching and less and less gets in. Lithium ion batteries are designed to accept charging at a specific rate for optimum absorption of the energy and higher charge rates are not recommended... The battery gets hot.

D

Deleted member 4366

he should be able to re-cell your battery with the Boston cells. Ask him. They're more or less the same price as 18650s, but they're supposed to last 4 times as long.

canny_nic

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2016
North tyneside
Hey guys.
I finally got round to getting my battery fixed by Jimmy.

It works now. But......
Switched on all the light came on. The only light that didn't show up was the headlight. . Whohoo,
Started pedalling you can hear the bike connect. Sound of whirring. Get going a little faster I probably 3rd gear. Pull the throttle n press the button... nothing. No change what's so ever no assistance. Kept going trying different things such as press button first then throttle. Throttle then button. Just button. Just throttle. What am I doing wrong.

Is it my crank? Or motor ? How much will that cost me. Or do I just put it in a shop n get sorted.

Cheers in advance.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Hey guys.
I finally got round to getting my battery fixed by Jimmy.

It works now. But......
Switched on all the light came on. The only light that didn't show up was the headlight. . Whohoo,
Started pedalling you can hear the bike connect. Sound of whirring. Get going a little faster I probably 3rd gear. Pull the throttle n press the button... nothing. No change what's so ever no assistance. Kept going trying different things such as press button first then throttle. Throttle then button. Just button. Just throttle. What am I doing wrong.

Is it my crank? Or motor ? How much will that cost me. Or do I just put it in a shop n get sorted.

Cheers in advance.
So the PAS drive works ok yes !
It is crank or hub drive ?

Advertisers