Powacycle Salisbury Brakes

Abs_N

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2009
Hi All,

I think I need change the front brakes on my bike as there are not very good
and when braking they are noisy and take time to stop.
Can somebody please advise which one ones would be a good replacement, I was thinking of replacing them with these Avid Single Digit 5 2008 | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com
Are these suitable and is it worthwhile changing the brake lever as well?

Thanks

Alex728

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2008
Ipswich
thats the exact model I changed the front brake on my Powacycle Salisbury for. I did not change the brake lever as it contains the switch (plus it would have been a lot of extra work anyway). It did improve matters greatly and when a LBS changed the cable made things even better.

shortly afterwards a huge badger ran into my path when I was riding back late at night in the countryside, and I was able to make a perfect and safe emergency stop and both of us got away in one piece :)

Abs_N

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2009
Alex was it difficult to change over ? also which cable did you use as a replacement?

Alex728

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2008
Ipswich
changing over the brake was fairly simple, it seemed to be a straight replacement. I used the original Powacycle cable when I changed it over, the LBS replaced it a few months later as part of a service. I don't know what they used and their paperwork unfortunately wasn't very clearly completed.

I suspect they used Shimano cables..