Prices of the electricity we use to charge

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
What annoys me is they send me a bill, and for the sake of talk we'll say the printout date on the bill is the 2nd of any month.
It seems to take 10 days, and sometimes more to arrive, so im receiving it through my door on the 12-14 of the same month. And it says i need to pay it by such and such, usually a fortnight later, so i've a fortnight to pay, or a month from the issue date and i should get longer, probably in the region of a month.
But with them delaying sending it i have less time.

If i dont pay at the specified time, a little after they send me a reminder. Fine no probs, it's up to me when exactly i pay, and usually timed when i get paid myself.

But here's the annoying bit. The reminder is issued say for the sake of talk on the whatever, and when it actually arrives, as in drops through my door is usually one to two days later.

I've phoned a couple of times to ask why the bill is a fortnight after its issue date upon actually arriving, and they give me a bunch of balarny about issue times, and weekends and even bank holidays.
But reminders only take a couple of days to arrive. So why the discrepancy ? Its like theyre rushing me to pay it. Leaving me only a couple of weeks before its due.

I wondered if its somewhere down the line they're going to try to fit a smart meter citing im always late paying it. 2 weeks, and sometimes less isnt always enough time, and many people are paid at a set time so hold paying any bills until they themselves are paid.
if you dont have a smart meter you have to give them a meter reading every month other wise it is estimated but i pay every month after i give them the reading.

i got till end of 2025 if it dont blow up first :p

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
What annoys me is they send me a bill, and for the sake of talk we'll say the printout date on the bill is the 2nd of any month.
It seems to take 10 days, and sometimes more to arrive, so im receiving it through my door on the 12-14 of the same month. And it says i need to pay it by such and such, usually a fortnight later, so i've a fortnight to pay, or a month from the issue date and i should get longer, probably in the region of a month.
But with them delaying sending it i have less time.

If i dont pay at the specified time, a little after they send me a reminder. Fine no probs, it's up to me when exactly i pay, and usually timed when i get paid myself.

But here's the annoying bit. The reminder is issued say for the sake of talk on the whatever, and when it actually arrives, as in drops through my door is usually one to two days later.

I've phoned a couple of times to ask why the bill is a fortnight after its issue date upon actually arriving, and they give me a bunch of balarny about issue times, and weekends and even bank holidays.
But reminders only take a couple of days to arrive. So why the discrepancy ? Its like theyre rushing me to pay it. Leaving me only a couple of weeks before its due.

I wondered if its somewhere down the line they're going to try to fit a smart meter citing im always late paying it. 2 weeks, and sometimes less isnt always enough time, and many people are paid at a set time so hold paying any bills until they themselves are paid.
Sounds familiar - are you with British Gas? Do you pay by quarterly bill? I'd much prefer that. I defaulted to being one of their customers, after Ebico ended their partnership. Ebico then started a partnership with Robin Hood (quarterly bills), which went bust, after which I ended up moved to South Southern Electric (quarterly bills) , which Ebico ended working with... then Ebico started using Octopus as their supplier... that team up has recently ended, and now Octopus keeps lying to me miming with all it's arms. I've done my best to support Ebico since 2007, despite their teamups with all these bastards.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
well one persons house up the road has had to have the hole roof replaced as tiles were falling off and it was raining in there bed room and have only just put the panels back up in the last 2 months.

they have spent more on scaffolding than the house is worth and it is still there today money to burn

house 2 doors down i stuck my head in to there attic and can see daylight under the panels as tiles are falling in.

and another house over the road has a roof in the same condition as mine so there all fecked.

the council is a corporation and as that have no duty of care to there profit units. ie us.

they want to push all this green crap yet dont want to maintain it and the panels only have 10 years left now and out of service life if the house does not implode first or catch fire from a faulty inverter or maybe that was the plan in the first place :p

foi moon attack mode v1 ;)
Rally your neighbours! Go all Braveheart riding your Haibike and ATTACK!!!