Proud owner of Merida Espresso 600

RebzE

Just Joined
Nov 3, 2016
East Yorks
IMG_8356.JPG

Hi everyone,

Firstly a little background...I pedal everywhere and own a Haro Hybrid (most comfortable bike ever) which was used almost everyday to pedal between clients/work/shopping etc. Has bar bag, front (Thule) rack and standard rear rack with Altura Dryline Panniers, as well as every possible device to make it like "my car", including a Brooks B67 saddle.

I also own a Dawes Galaxy, which also has the Rixen and Kaul system for the bar bags. Brooks B17s saddle, as well as being fitted with Vaude AQUA BACK panniers, front and rear, in stunning lime green and silver...

...and THEN...

As I use my bikes as my primary mode of transport I decided I needed some extra help, especially during the wind and the rain. So I test rode three e-bikes and decided on the Merida Espresso 600 City which is new to the market.
Why did I choose this bike?
1. I preferred the significant difference in the three modes with the Shimano Steps system, that I did not feel on a bike fitted with the Bosch system.
2. It is easy for me to lift onto trains and into the house, some bikes are so heavy!
3. It is lovely to ride, in fact I often ride it without assistance.
4. The step through version (City) is great when the bike is fully laden, even though I often forget and throw my leg over the saddle!
5. My local shop stocked them and have been so helpful over the years with all my bikes i.e. I trust them.

Taken from the Dawes I have fitted the Thule front rack as it is better for the front suspension, it looks so good, as if, it is part of the bike. From the Haro I have fitted the B67 as it is so comfortable, I have yet to find a modern saddle to match the comfort of the Brooks. The Vaude panniers match perfectly, yet these are kept for touring vs day to day, so for now I have fitted the Altura's, which surprisingly still look cool despite their age. I believe this is due to the colour of the bike, which compliments all the accessories.

Attached is a stock image of the 600EQ, I will get a picture of my actual bike for your viewing pleasure in due course. The main difference, apart from the low step, is that the battery on mine is located within the rear rack.

I have done about 50 miles on it so far, and love it. I have more to tell you all, yet for now I'll stop. Please feel free to ask any questions as the world of e-bikes are still fairly new to me.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Welcome, it's a nice bike and I want to see the photos of yours.
Ps the most comfortable bike is a recumbent, no scope for argument there.
But apart from that :)

RebzE

Just Joined
Nov 3, 2016
East Yorks
Welcome, it's a nice bike and I want to see the photos of yours.
Ps the most comfortable bike is a recumbent, no scope for argument there.
But apart from that :)
Ha, as I have never ridden a recumbent I am not qualified to argue Will get pics when I get a moment to pose it for you.

Thanks too for the welcome Kristin.