Raise my handlebar

Wayners

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2023
Gloucester
I need to raise the handlebars on my mountain bike. Well I'm thinking up and closer to me.
Any advice please...
They are as high as possible now.
I was thinking of a raised bent set of handlebars?
I plan to move the display to the centre as it's to the left side at the moment. That plays on some peoples ocd. Ha. I don't mind it though.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
You could get a longer stem, possible with an angle/reach adjustment. That stem is already quite long, but has quite a far reach forward.

On our tandem we use bent bars which both give me higher bars and an angle swept back. The sweep back might not work very well if you use the mountain bike for anything significant off road. It also makes it difficult to fit everything we want on the bars.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Your 1" steerer means that you'd be lucky to find a suitable stem. Instead, you'd have to use riser bars:
Before you do that, your stem is adjustable for height, but it looks like it's close to maximum. To adjust it, loosen the screw in the top of the stem, then wiggle your handlebars left and right while pulling up. You should be able to pull the stem right out so you can see how long it is, then put it in just far enough to clamp.

Wayners

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2023
Gloucester
22.2mm stem. It's stamped on.
I adjusting to the maximum height today. Really need them closer rather than higher. I find I'm leaning forward too much. Original bars were chrome and I sprayed black but they seem to have a long reach

Wayners

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2023
Gloucester
Stem is 150mm so short. I'll buy a goose neck at 220mm I think. Keep the handlebars. That will be higher and closer.
Thanks all

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Your display should be on left side. Even more than you have at this moment (as close to grip as possible). If you move it to the center how will you change assist levels?

You don't have MTB. Hybrid at best. Dutch handle bar like this one might improve comfort of ride (just need right size)..

Last edited:
Reactions: Wayners

Related Articles

Advertisers