Revised Buyers Guide Now Live, With Video

EdBike

Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2010
After spending the previous week up in London, and this week editing, the revised and finalized buyers guide is up here. Thanks to everyone (including the people I interviewed up in London) to for pitching in and helping make this. Hopefully this will be an invaluable resource all sorts of new electric bikers in the future!

Ed

Ultra Motor

Esteemed Pedelecer
After spending the previous week up in London, and this week editing, the revised and finalized buyers guide is up here. Thanks to everyone (including the people I interviewed up in London) to for pitching in and helping make this. Hopefully this will be an invaluable resource all sorts of new electric bikers in the future!

Ed
Ed- this is great, I like the editing on videos too- looks like you've spent some time on this!

Well done.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Well done Ed. Perhaps the broken link to, "Buyers Guide" on this website could be pointed to your buyers' guide.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Congratulations on a superb job done Ed. The site clearly leads anyone through the subject without confusing over-technicality and makes an excellent start point for someone considering an e-bike purchase.

EdBike

Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2010
Thanks for the feedback guys :-]

Next step - getting it ranking at Google.

Mark - its the power of Mac ;) When you're ready to do those videos riding around London, I'm there!

Last edited:

dmcgoldrick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2010
ed, this is a really good piece of work in pulling together the wealth of knowledge emanating from the pedelecs forum.
looks like you are set for a successful career in marketing......

regards

EdBike

Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2010
New Homepage now complete as well. :)

Ultra Motor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Thanks for the feedback guys :-]

Next step - getting it ranking at Google.

Mark - its the power of Mac ;) When you're ready to do those videos riding around London, I'm there!
Can't beat a Mac! I'm tempted by the iPad2! But its a lot of dosh.....! I'll be ready soon, now the weather is getting better!

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
Going off at a tangent, I've just had a session on a friend's computer running Windows 7. All I can say is, if that's progress in the Microsoft world, I'll be sticking with Macs for the foreseeable future.

It really is a pleasure to be home again working on a Mac. Recently, I was given the chance to play a bit using a laptop running Linux and that was pretty good and not dissimilar to Mac OS X. I can only imagine that those who knock Apple products are jealous because they can't afford them.

Probably some day, someone will come along with a product that moves the game on significantly in the way that Apple has with mobile phones, laptops and tablets but in this year of 2011, Apple rules.

Indalo (not on commission!)

Ultra Motor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Going off at a tangent, I've just had a session on a friend's computer running Windows 7. All I can say is, if that's progress in the Microsoft world, I'll be sticking with Macs for the foreseeable future.

It really is a pleasure to be home again working on a Mac. Recently, I was given the chance to play a bit using a laptop running Linux and that was pretty good and not dissimilar to Mac OS X. I can only imagine that those who knock Apple products are jealous because they can't afford them.

Probably some day, someone will come along with a product that moves the game on significantly in the way that Apple has with mobile phones, laptops and tablets but in this year of 2011, Apple rules.

Indalo (not on commission!)
Indalo (not on commission), this is where Apple have such a great hold, almost every user is also a salesperson for them! Imagine having a company with Million's of sales people you don't have to pay!

allen-uk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2010
Ed

One possible way to get onto Google's list is to set up a Google Blog - they call theirs 'Blogger'. Call it something obvious (electric bike buyer's guide, for example), and just put in a few words, a pic, and a link to your 'real' pages, and that's it.

Then they'll almost automatically include both the blog's name and the page content on Google searches. And it'll only take half an hour...

(Example: I did one for amputee cycling called (wait for it) "Amputee Cycling", and if you Google that, up it comes, a few down the list).

Allen.

Last edited:

EdBike

Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2010
Ed

One possible way to get onto Google's list is to set up a Google Blog - they call theirs 'Blogger'. Call it something obvious (electric bike buyer's guide, for example), and just put in a few words, a pic, and a link to your 'real' pages, and that's it.

Then they'll almost automatically include both the blog's name and the page content on Google searches. And it'll only take half an hour...

(Example: I did one for amputee cycling called (wait for it) "Amputee Cycling", and if you Google that, up it comes, a few down the list).

Allen.
Hi Allen,

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't plan on blogging myself, because its a *huge* commitment in terms of regular time, but may set up a community blog on my site in the future. Its great that Google owns blogspot and that all gets indexed quickly too, but the real search engine optimization value comes from having those posts on your domain, so you get the traffic, the links and all the other signals.

On blogging, I suggested to the folks at BEBA a couple of weeks back that they could setup a blog to keep us up to date with what they're doing, maybe do a few useful articles and put a face to the organization. Putting together a report/slideshow for all to see - something to do this evening me thinks...