Short Commuter Advice

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
how did plod take the scooter? why you not try a getaway lol.

just get another scooter and wear a dress with some black shoe polish on ur face and they wont even go there.

Sarge1892

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 5, 2023
id ask a few more questions

1 is this to be used fulltime for commuting or just when the weather is nice

if full time you might want something with a little widertire tread than say a brompton to handle rain and even snow a little better

2 do you have ANY intentions of using public transport as a backup if so a folder might be of interest a brompton in this case would be perfect as those can fit between your legs and the seat infront

3 do you have other forms of transport? i know you say you'll only go 3 miles buti thought id be the same too but with no other transport I go everywhere so some cargo capacity might be of interest

4 whats the storage situation like at home? do you have a shed garage or utility area where this bike can live or would something compact be of value so it could live in the hallway or under the stairs

5 what kinda weight your looking for? do you have to carry it up a lot of stairs?

6 whilst at work where will you be storing it if a private carpacrk no big issue but if your only option is street parking I might suggest going ultra small once againbrompton so it can come inside with you and be stwoed out the way in your place of work