silly cycling

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
That one with the polo vw van was so close to the rear wheel its pretty scarey! Makes my commute look like a walk in the park.

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
umm .. I may have been in some of those clips!....:eek:

HarryB

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2007
London
Just had a very quick look - loads of selfish inconsiderate drivers as usual - and quite a few stupid, selfish cyclists. Conclusion - there are a great many selfish, stupid, inconsiderate people out there - so watch out!

PS actually what you see is pretty normal central london stuff - if a driver was behind the guy filming he would probably think his road position was mostly very selfish and inconsiderate - depends on your perspective of course.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I'd say the drivers came out as by far the best in that set, the excellent anticipation and all round awareness of some preventing some truly idiotic cyclists from serious harm.

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
I'd agree with the standard London statement, I see riding like that fairly often. It's a minority that I see riding like that but with so many cyclists around its not too hard to find. Loads of people jump red lights but 99% of the time it's perfectly safe and doesn't upset pedestrians.
Impatient pedestrians probably cause many more problems than impatient road users.