SolarStorm x2

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
phill has one and i have one with 3 leds in it cant say its that good tho.

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
image.jpg Hi d8veh
I have that one, I got it way back when you put it on here and I'm more than happy with it.
I just need a light now for my helmet and what I was thinking was put the one you said about on my helmet then fit the solarstorm on the bars.
I have just found this website opticfire and they don't look to bad and they have this light at £21.99

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Hi anyone use this light and if so what do you think of it?View attachment 16130
I have this one with a USB connector
I also have the three led version

I paid 4.99 delivered for the 2 led version and hooked it up to a 5000mah back up battery pack from aldi (7.99)

It's the most bang for buck light system and is very bright. For night rides on the South Downs I use both. One trained near and one distance

On the road the two is plenty enough on its own

My tuppence anyway

• Informative

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Hi anyone use this light and if so what do you think of it?View attachment 16130
I have this one and find it really good. About 1.5 hours on full beam. At the end of the day its all about numbers..
light output v available battery.
It is my second one as first got stolen.. I paid £15 with 4 cell battery and charger from amazon , arrived next day

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
Ok that will be great, thanks for that.
I have just it the buy button on the opticfire for my helmet but I may still go for the one you have.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
  • Informative

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Steve, why not just buy a second light light the same as the one that D8veh recommended and that you already own?

I mounted the mini light onto the side of an old helmet a couple of nights ago, held on with Haibike ties, dragged out a four cell battery pack that had been laying on the shed floor for the last three years, then headed out to try it.
It was easily up to the job, with both low speed tight terrain, and with 30mph down hill, which I still need to upload.

Sadly I hadn't mounted the camera into the housing properly, hence the weird outer circle and image. But even with this cock up, and using a cheapo SJ4000, you can see that it isn't a bad set up.

edit, just crossed with your post Steve, so too late.

Last edited:

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
Hi Eddie
I did think about it and I think it's a great light but the only thing that put me off for use on the helmet is that it's not a spot beam and that's why I went for the opticfire
Www.opticfire.co.uk
If anyone wants to check them out.

Related Articles

Advertisers