Somerset pedelec

Olesmokie

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 25, 2017
Somerset
Hi

I'm Simon.

I've got an off road setup which I've been using for a few years now.

It's a Carrera Kraken which must be 15 years old now.

I have a Gng mid drive with chain primary and a cassette rear hub motor. Both are being powered from 15ah 16s lipo batteries rated at 20c.

My peak power is just under 5250w with both throttle wide open and heading up a moderate hill.

This has been an on going project of adding, tweaking and upgrading. And all the post here have help me though.

Next upgrade is bother controllers.

Thanks for reading

S

Mac_user82

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2014
Hi Simon welcome too the forum their is lots of posts on here that would widen your knowledge about the electric bike world their is always someone with the experience and knowledge to guide you with a problem myself i have learnt a lot about electric bikes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 4366

Two motors isn't enough. You need three. Here's my triple motor Kraken with a GNG chain drive plus two Bafang BPM hub-motors at 16S. Acceleration up or down a steep hill is about the same - if you can stop the wheels spinning:

Olesmokie

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 25, 2017
Somerset
Two motors isn't enough.

That's a lovely tidy build. Can hardly see a wire. Have to got all the batteries and controller in that bag on the back. How does the heat build up. Is it ok? Also is that the standard bb or did you swap it for a cyclone?

Btw thanks for the help you given me without me even posting once.

D

Deleted member 4366

Yes, everything in the bag. No problem with heat. The main problem is the front wheel skipping. It spins for about 10 meters from a start because the torque from the back unloads it. All the motors are controlled with one throttle, which goes through the Cycle Analyst, then split into three.

Show us some photos of yours.